Four more questions (drink count, sea sickness and have it all excursion) wifi/drinks in quarantine

SweetsugarNL

This board is really helpful!

So I have Four  more questions. 

If I have the signature beverage package, do you need to count your drinks yourself or can you ask for a day total?

We are looking to Have it all so that comes with a 15 drink a day package, I am a frequent Diet Coke drinker but I dont want to upgrade to a deluxe package.

I also would like drink a few cocktails if I have this package.

My travel companion is worried about seasickness, is there a "best" part of the ship to book a room?

We had decide to book a guarantee inside cabin but if there is a difference in location maybe we need to look at it (we are looking at a cruise to Norway).

If we book the have it all deal, do we need spend the excursion credit to one excursion or can you split it on two?

And what if we are unlucky and catch covid.. is our wifi and drink package valid in our room? Can we order soft drinks from the package?

1. Best to keep count of drinks yourself.  I have never asked but your server may be able to tell you if you are over your daily limit 

2. best part of ship for little motion is mid ship on a lower deck. I don’t like the very lowest decks.  Best to find a cabin with other cabins below, above and on the sides of yours.  
3. The excursion money is a budget.  It will be deducted as you spend it.  So if your first excursion is above $100 it will all be used for that one, if not the remainder will be applied to the next excursion 

4. wi if is always available in the room.  I don’t know about the room service drinks.  

1. Best to keep count yourself. I didn't know you could ask the servers, but I did ask guest services and they could pull up your account. However, there's always a line in the guest services, that's why I started counting myself.

2. Midship is better than fore / aft. Lower floor / deck is better than higher deck, but of course higher decks usually give you better rooms, so there's that. For the particular ship you're interested in, try to find out what deck the embarkation gangway would be on (or you could ask here). That tends to be very crowded first and last day, and super noisy in the morning of the last day.

4. Wifi is available in the room. Move closer to the door if it's an issue because I think the router is somewhere in the hallway. My wifi strength diminishes as I move closer to the window. For room service, drinks are NOT counted towards your package and would be charged extra. But in the covid case they might be willing to make an exception. 

Having traveled this spring with someone who was placed in quarantine for Covid she was allowed to continue using her drink package and the Wi-Fi.  As it turned out she was able to get pretty much everything she asked for.  Those things, like salt and pepper (ship had no paper packages) I was able to take care of by creating "care packages" for her, taking them to the customer service deck and they had them delivered to her room.  And no, I did not send her glass shakers instead I put salt & pepper in small envelopes for her.

6 hours ago, SweetsugarNL said:

is our wifi and drink package valid in our room?

If you are reading this, then the wifi works in the room!🤣 Just joking!  Yes it works all over the ship.

The drinks package does not cover room service or mini bar.