Cabin sizes on Koningsdam

The last time I was on the K'dam, I felt that the standard verandah cabin was a little small even for a solo traveller -- not enough closet space and drawers under safe, small counter space and shelves in bathroom, small desk with not enough drawers.  What would be the next larger verandah cabin with a little more of all those, which might not break a single person?

The next larger cabin is a Vista Suite, but I have not personally stayed in one.  It has been reported on Cruise Critic that some people felt that the slight increase in size did not warrant the increase in price. (I can't remember the name of the person who posted this fairly recently....try searching the HAL forum) Vista Suites have the bed next to the veranda door with couch and desk closer to the entry door.

I'm generally a solo traveler also.

"Suites" do get double Mariner points for a solo if that matters to you. In a regular veranda cabin a solo pays double but only gets the per person points! 😠 Personally, I prefer a verandah cabin where the sitting area/couch is next to the verandah door rather than having the bed next to the verandah.  Others prefer the bed next to the door.

My favorite on non Pinnacle ships are Signature Suites, but the layout of them on Pinnacle ships doesn't appeal to me unless I was traveling with someone who would sleep in the dressing area on the Murphy bed.

Good luck choosing!

~Nancy

We ended up with a Vista Suite for our First HAL cruise next month.  We also felt that the rooms seem rather on the small side and we have a teen in our room.  I hope the small amount of extra room in the suite is worth the price. We will post our experience when we return.

I stayed in a standard verandah sized cabin, since we don't spend alot of time in our cabin, we found it to be perfectly ample for us.  We did sail with several others who's cabins were next to each other, opened up the dividers and enjoyed our verandah before dinner for drinks.............we are booked in the same cabin category next year, can't wait!!!

I am booked on the Koningsam in a regular balcony. Now I am concerned if I can get my small scooter in for charging.  Does anyone have a picture of the layout.   If the bed is closer to balcony that may be ok. D

45 minutes ago, highscar said:

I am booked on the Koningsam in a regular balcony. Now I am concerned if I can get my small scooter in for charging.  Does anyone have a picture of the layout.   If the bed is closer to balcony that may be ok. D

The bed is not closer to the balcony, its closer to the entry way.  I would call HAL and ask that question before you get onboard.  You can also go to https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/ you can click on the different class of cabins, perhaps that will help you.

9 minutes ago, highscar said:

@doonethank you.  If that layout is the same as vista class in size I have no problem getting the scooter abound the bottom of the bed.  

Your welcome, on that web site you can also chose a vista class ship and look at those cabins as well.  They are similar but I see to think the vista style cabins are a tad larger...........so you may be just fine...

Enjoy your cruise..........