Transportation from Dockyard to The Reefs Hotel

dazey

Not sure if the public bus goes by The Reefs so does anyone have an idea what a taxi would cost? We are going there for Thursday night BBQ s recommended by a CC member.  Thanks 

1 hour ago, dazey said:

Not sure if the public bus goes by The Reefs so does anyone have an idea what a taxi would cost? We are going there for Thursday night BBQ s recommended by a CC member.  Thanks 

I would make a rough estimate of  about $32 for a taxi (1-4). Plus tip. It is off the #7 bus route.  I personaly would take a taxi but you can take a bus. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SueMo said:

Several years ago we paid $40 for a taxi to Port Royal Golf Course, which is closer to the Dockyards than the Reefs.  

I don't know why you paid $40 to Port Royal. The ride should have been no more than about $25 on the meter under normal circumstances for 1 -4 passengers Monday through Saturday .

• Like 1

On 6/19/2022 at 10:35 PM, njhorseman said:

I don't know why you paid $40 to Port Royal. The ride should have been no more than about $25 on the meter under normal circumstances for 1 -4 passengers Monday through Saturday .

We've been to Bermuda at least a half dozen times and it's always been $40, on the meter, 4 passengers Monday through Saturday. 

28 minutes ago, SueMo said:

We've been to Bermuda at least a half dozen times and it's always been $40, on the meter, 4 passengers Monday through Saturday. 

I think you are misremembering. I take taxis all the time to Horseshoe Bay which is farther and the fare to Horseshoe has been around $35. The fare to Port Royal should be $25. There is a sign in the Dockyard with approximate fares and it says $24.50 to Port Royal. Horseshoe Bay at $32.50. I have found the sign at the Dockyard to be pretty close. I took the photo in 2019 and the fares have not been raised. I have a photo of a sign from 2014 and it shows the same fares. 

58D0804C-1365-4D1C-A494-839C22060559.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I think you are misremembering. I take taxis all the time to Horseshoe Bay which is farther and the fare to Horseshoe has been around $35. The fare to Port Royal should be $25. There is a sign in the Dockyard with approximate fares and it says $24.50 to Port Royal. 

58D0804C-1365-4D1C-A494-839C22060559.jpeg

Definitely not misremembering.  Asked husband and son and they confirm what we paid.  There was a charge for golf bags, but it's hard to believe that it was more than a couple dollars per bag.

6 minutes ago, SueMo said:

Definitely not misremembering.  Asked husband and son and they confirm what we paid.  There was a charge for golf bags, but it's hard to believe that it was more than a couple dollars per bag.

It is a dollar a bag. 

There are several websites with taxi fares and they say $25.

Also I found one website that says the fare from the Dockyard to the Reefs is $30. So you are just plain wrong. 

21 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It is a dollar a bag. 

There are several websites with taxi fares and they say $25.

Also I found one website that says the fare from the Dockyard to the Reefs is $30. So you are just plain wrong. 

Whatever.  I know what I paid.  I know what your websites say.  I think we were probably charged $4 per golf bag.  The $1 per bag quote probably refers to a suitcase.  But if it makes you feel better to call me wrong, fine.  Have a nice day

36 minutes ago, SueMo said:

Whatever.  I know what I paid.  I know what your websites say.  I think we were probably charged $4 per golf bag.  The $1 per bag quote probably refers to a suitcase.  But if it makes you feel better to call me wrong, fine.  Have a nice day

Let's look back at your first post on this thread. You disputed the fare estimate to The Reefs provided by @Charles4515  because you paid $40 to Port Royal, which is closer to the Dockyard from The Reefs.

Let's accept your statements that you paid $40 to Port Royal and that you were charged $4 per golf bag. Now subtract the $4 per golf bag from the $40 you paid and what does that say about the taxi fares from Dockyard to Port Royal and Dockyard to The Reefs? It says that @Charles4515's fare estimates are reasonable. Someone going to The Reefs for dinner won't be taking any golf clubs with them. 

Your arguments failed to account for the difference in fare due to your taking golf clubs. Someone taking a taxi to Port Royal without golf clubs would pay about $25 as originally stated.

Edited by njhorseman

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

Let's look back at your first post on this thread. You disputed the fare estimate to The Reefs provided by @Charles4515  because you paid $40 to Port Royal, which is closer to the Dockyard from The Reefs.

Let's accept your statements that you paid $40 to Port Royal and that you were charged $4 per golf bag. Now subtract the $4 per golf bag from the $40 you paid and what does that say about the taxi fares from Dockyard to Port Royal and Dockyard to The Reefs? It says that @Charles4515's fare estimates are reasonable. Someone going to The Reefs for dinner won't be taking any golf clubs with them. 

Your arguments failed to account for the difference in fare due to your taking golf clubs. Someone taking a taxi to Port Royal without golf clubs would pay about $25 as originally stated.

You're absolutely right. In my first post I failed to account for four golf bags, not realizing what they charged for them.  And I believe the taxi fare to the Reefs that Charles stated to be accurate.  I accept that and apologize for my mistake.  When I stated in my last post that they must have charged $4 (not $1) per bag, I was trying to acknowledge and explain the difference in fares, not argue that I was right and Charles was wrong.  I just took offense to having been told that I "misremembered" and was "wrong" about what I paid.  I need to be less sensitive about other people's criticisms.