Queens Grill - Your favourite experiences

SouthWestBoy

I prefer the smaller Queens for similar reason. I enjoy a snack in the lido and have the option of lovely window seats straight out to sea or on a nice day straight out to the back deck - non of which are available on QM2.  

Is it off topic to ask people of their experience using the reserved deck space for the grills passengers? 
I didn’t avail myself of this on my last trip, but as we are heading to the Caribbean in November it might be nice. The worst thing about cruising can be finding a place to sit around the pools and the reserving spaces that takes place. I was also wondering if there is shade,

11 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I agree, I prefer the Grills on the smaller ships but QM2 is an impressive experience.

I think the only part of the Grills experience where the QM2 actually wins is with her Princess Grill cabins, which are far superior to those on the Vistas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jacqueline said:

Is it off topic to ask people of their experience using the reserved deck space for the grills passengers? 
I didn’t avail myself of this on my last trip, but as we are heading to the Caribbean in November it might be nice. The worst thing about cruising can be finding a place to sit around the pools and the reserving spaces that takes place. I was also wondering if there is shade,

Which ship? I'm assuming QM2. While the Grills terrace is not as nice as on the Vistas, there is a reasonable amount of space and shade, and a nice view over the back of the ship.

25 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I think the only part of the Grills experience where the QM2 actually wins is with her Princess Grill cabins, which are far superior to those on the Vistas.

I’ve only seen (brochure) photos of the PG cabins on the QM2 but they look very nice, a more square shape and well lit. Whereas the PG’s on the two smaller ships are now looking rather dated imo, especially the bathrooms. But there is a plus, due to their location midships and the minimum time it takes to reach the Grills area on decks 11 and 12. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

And the OP is on Queen Elizabeth 

Well, in that case the Grills terraces are gorgeous, with plenty of shade on the upper, but do get quite crowded on sunny days - not in the sense of being cheek by jowl with your neighbours - you won't - but in the sense of loungers being taken.

The Grills sun deck on QV was excellent. Plenty of comfortable sun beds, plenty of shade and very attentive service. Drinks/snacks/afternoon tea served at your chaise longue. Mind you this was just before COVID - things may have changed…..

8 minutes ago, Mickb said:

The Grills sun deck on QV was excellent. Plenty of comfortable sun beds, plenty of shade and very attentive service. Drinks/snacks/afternoon tea served at your chaise longue. Mind you this was just before COVID - things may have changed…..

I don't think they have. It was much the same on QE in April.

On 6/16/2022 at 6:46 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

When we were on the QE2 and Mary 2 QG they encouraged us to challenge them.

I took the QM2 across the Pond in 2019 and they also encouraged us to challenge them.  It was actually a lot of fun trying to think of some really gourmet foods.  And no matter what we came up with, they did it.