Indulge Package for Solo Traveler

Jobeth66

Hope someone can answer this, Celebrity's site is vague.  I'm looking to book a trip with one of my girlfriends, and normally we share a cabin.  However, Celebrity has 1 sailing that works for us and is offering ridiculously low single-passenger rates for what we're looking at, and the Indulge package is being offered at the same price as 'cruise only' for this sailing.  No clue why and I'm not going to question it!  So for each of us to have our own cabins with the indulge package is actually cheaper than splitting a cabin.  The only question I have is that it shows a $200 PP OBC for a double cabin, but when doing a mock-booking for a single it just says 'OBC' but doesn't say how much and doesn't show how much at checkout.  I haven't found anything on their site about how much it is.

Does anyone know?

It depends on the length of your cruise.  My friend and her cousin just decided to join us on a Beyond sailing this summer.  The single cabin prices were priced at the 60% off and included all the perks.  If they had booked a cabin to share the cruise pricing was for the cruise only with no perks.  So they each booked a single infinite veranda cabin (and got cabins next to each other) with the Elevate package.  So they each got the premium drink package, gratuities and basic wifi plus $200 shipboard credit each.  The price of the singel cabin with all those benefits was $2,000 CHEAPER (each) than if they had shared an infinite veranda cabin on the same deck about 10 cabins down from their booked cabins (and added the Elevate package to the cruise only pricing).  Crazy pricing!

Hopefully, you booked.  I believe this was a pricing error that has sorted it self out.  I saw the same on the pricing on a sailing.  Always Included and Indulge promotions were the same price and there was only an option for a  refundable deposit.  The summary screen showed Indulge package and I paid the deposit.  However, on the invoice the promotion was Always Included and not Indulge.  Customer service was not able to add the Indulge promotion even after escalating to a supervisor and long hold.  I was able to book the Elevate package with $150 OBC for $150 more than Always package.  

I see now the cruise price has increased over $1K more, the Indulge package is more and there is an option for a non refundable deposit.  

I didn't book it when I saw it because my friends weren't ready to pull the trigger.  Not a big deal - but now I have a new question!

I booked with the Indulge package (at the corrected price), but the only thing showing on the Manage My Reservation section on Celebrity's site is the $200 OBC.   It's not showing the Wifi or Premium drinks, nor did my confirmation email show these (or anything other than my deposit being processed, stateroom # and dinner seating)

PACKAGES & EXTRAS

Onboard Credits($200.00)

I can still book the same cruise in the same class and it shows the same price for the Indulge package - is this a glitch, or should I be calling them to get a confirmation?  

On 6/17/2022 at 6:59 AM, Jobeth66 said:

Hope someone can answer this, Celebrity's site is vague.  I'm looking to book a trip with one of my girlfriends, and normally we share a cabin.  However, Celebrity has 1 sailing that works for us and is offering ridiculously low single-passenger rates for what we're looking at, and the Indulge package is being offered at the same price as 'cruise only' for this sailing.  No clue why and I'm not going to question it!  So for each of us to have our own cabins with the indulge package is actually cheaper than splitting a cabin.  The only question I have is that it shows a $200 PP OBC for a double cabin, but when doing a mock-booking for a single it just says 'OBC' but doesn't say how much and doesn't show how much at checkout.  I haven't found anything on their site about how much it is.

Does anyone know?

Double check your invoice.

I "got" this deal yesterday.

Invoice never showed up in my email.

Looked at reservation & it does not mention gratuities & I thought, uh, oh.

Today--reservation locked. Uh, oh.

I called today & luckily got right through.

She sends me invoice. 

Yep--CRUISE ONLY RATE.

Boo. 

Adjusted to regular Always Included rate.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 11.38.15 AM.png

You're probably fine.  You do need to call Celebrity and have them send you a copy of your "booking invoice" so that you have a record of all your benefits and the package you have.  The email receipt when you book online doesn't have any of that information.  The on board credit shows up in your reservation immediately but it takes a good 3-4 days for the wifi and drink package to show up under your orders in the cruise planner.  And the prepaid tips will never show up in your cruise planner.  You will only see that on your booking confirmation.  I wouldn't worry if I were you.  

10 minutes ago, ev8876 said:

You're probably fine.  You do need to call Celebrity and have them send you a copy of your "booking invoice" so that you have a record of all your benefits and the package you have.  The email receipt when you book online doesn't have any of that information.  The on board credit shows up in your reservation immediately but it takes a good 3-4 days for the wifi and drink package to show up under your orders in the cruise planner.  And the prepaid tips will never show up in your cruise planner.  You will only see that on your booking confirmation.  I wouldn't worry if I were you.  

my tips show up for my other cruise in the cruise planner.

additionally, email receipt absolutely show cruise only, always included, etc.

17 hours ago, KKB said:

my tips show up for my other cruise in the cruise planner.

additionally, email receipt absolutely show cruise only, always included, etc.

I called & they sent me my invoice which shows everything - I'm not sure why they don't email the invoice immediately, that just makes no sense.  If you can send me 60 other emails, you can send me the invoice!  

My confirmation email shows nothing other than the booking #, the total cost and the cabin #.  No package information or anything else.

1 hour ago, Jobeth66 said:

I called & they sent me my invoice which shows everything - I'm not sure why they don't email the invoice immediately, that just makes no sense.  If you can send me 60 other emails, you can send me the invoice!  

My confirmation email shows nothing other than the booking #, the total cost and the cabin #.  No package information or anything else.

Go all the way to the bottom & there should be a PDF attachment with the actual invoice.

12 minutes ago, KKB said:

Go all the way to the bottom & there should be a PDF attachment with the actual invoice.

Nope.  That was the first thing I checked.  No invoice was sent to me at all.  Nor to either of the friends that I'm sailing with - just a reservation summary that included the booking number, guest names, state room number, dinner seating, and payment summary.

I didn't get a copy of the actual invoice until I called to request it.

8 minutes ago, Jobeth66 said:

Nope.  That was the first thing I checked.  No invoice was sent to me at all.  Nor to either of the friends that I'm sailing with - just a reservation summary that included the booking number, guest names, state room number, dinner seating, and payment summary.

I didn't get a copy of the actual invoice until I called to request it.

So you DID get the invoice?

That's how I discovered that I did NOT get the indulge package that I thought I had booked.

It listed cruise only fare where it is itemized.

I called & rebooked w/ AI &. it shows ALWAYS INCL NRD now.

I hope you got yours!

12 minutes ago, KKB said:

So you DID get the invoice?

That's how I discovered that I did NOT get the indulge package that I thought I had booked.

It listed cruise only fare where it is itemized.

I called & rebooked w/ AI &. it shows ALWAYS INCL NRD now.

I hope you got yours!

I did - but only after I called & sat on hold for 2 hours.  I didn't want to risk it, the 'you're probably fine' wasn't making me feel good, and if something was missing I'd want to re-book immediately while the sale is still on.  🙂

My invoice shows INDULGE NRD.

Just doesn't make sense that they don't automatically send you the invoice when you book.  I've sailed with Celebrity before but used a TA in the past - this is the first time I have booked directly with them.