Mongolian Wok

On 6/17/2022 at 12:41 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So many love this on Carnival ships and the lines are always sooooo long. Unless you get in line before it starts, you will be in line for a long time before you can go and sit and enjoy the food. You would think by now Carnival would double the size of the WOK to accommodate the vast amount of cruisers that love it. What do you think?

Agreed if you're seeing long lines there.  I eat there twice or three times each cruise and although there always seems to be a line, I've never seen it more than six or seven people deep.  Kinda like Blue Iguana.

I am spoiled by enjoying this dish in Mongolia. Tasty meats and savory vegetables sauced with wine, lobster, and ginger sauces, BBQ oil, hot sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. Woked quickly on a very hot surface. Lamb, beef, pork, and chicken should be available. 

Carnival has a nice looking product, but has all the flavor of pablum. I wish they would step it up to genuine flavors. The chef's can do it, and certainly do in the crew mess. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Thats a little misleading.  Horizon, Vista, Panorama, and Mardi Gras have a Wok substitute for lunch in wither Jijis or Chibang.

You are correct. Last cruise on the Mardi Gras and no WoK. Had the Jijis

22 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Thats a little misleading.  Horizon, Vista, Panorama, and Mardi Gras have a Wok substitute for lunch in wither Jijis or Chibang.

I was incorrect when I said we went to the Jijis it was the Chibang on the Mardi Gras

I once waited in line for 45 mins for a bowl. In December, we went to Jiji’s and my husband went along with me.  We waited probably 30 mins for a bowl. Many people sat around at the tables, some where eating in but some were picking up and everyone waited an eternity. The food is mostly cooked already but I understand it takes a long time with just two cooks.  It’s worth the wait for me but I wish the old one would come back.