Couple of Questions from First Timer on Cunard

High C's

7 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Not that I really know one way or the other since I'm from the US, but I suspect contributors to this forum from Devon might have something to say about that. :classic_smile:

To use the PDO the milk must come from Cornwall. It was protected in 1998. 

13 minutes ago, techteach said:

To use the PDO the milk must come from Cornwall. It was protected in 1998. 

To call it Cornish clotted cream, the milk must come from Cornwall. That does not mean that only the Cornish product is clotted cream, it means you can't call it Cornish unless it comes from Cornwall.

• Like 3

Take as much wine as you want.

I agree with arriving a bit later for afternoon tea. We were never turned away.

I used to make clotted cream (would it be called “Florida Clotted Cream”?) but now I can’t find anything other than ultra-pasteurized cream these days. *sigh*

• Like 1

@Tonopah So sorry you can’t find quality cream. Ultra-pasteurized just tastes burnt. We are fortunate to have a local dairy that actually does home delivery. Our children, and now grandchildren, won’t touch any other brand. But, in my reading, the cream used for clotted cream must have a butterfat of a minimum of 55%! Even the great cream we get is around 48%. What are they feeding those cows!

7 hours ago, techteach said:

@Tonopah So sorry you can’t find quality cream. Ultra-pasteurized just tastes burnt. We are fortunate to have a local dairy that actually does home delivery. Our children, and now grandchildren, won’t touch any other brand. But, in my reading, the cream used for clotted cream must have a butterfat of a minimum of 55%! Even the great cream we get is around 48%. What are they feeding those cows!

It partly depends on the breed. Jersey and Guernsey cows, as well as being very pretty to look at, produce milk with a higher butterfat content.

• Like 3

On 6/17/2022 at 3:31 PM, Host Hattie said:

No reservations for afternoon tea except the paid for Champagne Tea. We don't often go but sometimes it's better to go a bit later after the first rush is over.

No problem with the wine.

Have a great time and let us know what you think.

Agreed, HH.

If afternoon tea ends at, say 4:30 pm, go a little after 4:00 pm and folk will have already left, so seating is swift, as is the tea service by then.

Relax, take your time; you're on vacation!

On 6/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, High C's said:

- the never ending conversation about bringing wine on board!!! - I just want to clarify that we can bring on one bottle each without packing it away in our suitcase?

High C's,

You can bring on as much wine as you want or any beverage.

Jack

• Like 1