Crown issues....will this never end!

suzyed

I have been "watching" a sailing on the Crown for a couple of months now, hoping/waiting for a price drop due to all the bad reviews and people jumping ship. Surprisingly, all I'm seeing are price increases and less availability. This is a 10 day roundtrip Vancouver Coastal (I think the last sailing before drydock when, hopefully, the engine issues will be taken care of). For this sailing I don't care about the ports - just want to avoid flying and be on a ship so even if we just toodle about in the harbour I would be ok with it. That being said, I'm not willing to pay the price they are asking to do so just yet...how are they still able to keep selling at this price when there are so many problems?

13 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I have been "watching" a sailing on the Crown for a couple of months now, hoping/waiting for a price drop due to all the bad reviews and people jumping ship. Surprisingly, all I'm seeing are price increases and less availability. This is a 10 day roundtrip Vancouver Coastal (I think the last sailing before drydock when, hopefully, the engine issues will be taken care of). For this sailing I don't care about the ports - just want to avoid flying and be on a ship so even if we just toodle about in the harbour I would be ok with it. That being said, I'm not willing to pay the price they are asking to do so just yet...how are they still able to keep selling at this price when there are so many problems?

On the surface it seems hard to explain why you would want to pay full fare, unless ports and excursions are not that important.    

17 minutes ago, Sunwanabe said:

On the surface it seems hard to explain why you would want to pay full fare, unless ports and excursions are not that important.    

For me, on this particular sailing, ports and excursions are not important at all. As long as it begins and ends in Vancouver, that is the only important piece (this is not Alaska - it's a coastal and we have done all the ports many, many times and usually don't even get off the ship). BUT I can't imagine this is the case for everyone and I'm intrigued why so many are booking/paying the prices they are asking right now...