MSC's Ocean Cay/RC's Coco Cay

shipgeeks

Two+ years ago, we were on Ocean Cay twice.  I recall saying "It's just so (voice chokes up)....beautiful!"  "I can see everything from everywhere!"  We had several cruises booked, in order to go there again. That has not happened.

Last week we sailed to Coco Cay.  We took the tram around the circuit.  This time all I could say what "It's so loud!  It's so closed in!  I can't even see the sea!"  We had been there previously, before all the rides and things were added.  This time we went right back to the ship for the day.

I do know that lots of people love Coco Cay, and lots love Ocean Cay.

We sail there again in a few months.  I want to give Coco Cay a second chance, even though I really disliked it this time.  Any thoughts about how to have a positive experience?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

do know that lots of people love Coco Cay, and lots love Ocean Cay.

We sail there again in a few months.  I want to give Coco Cay a second chance, even though I really disliked it this time

I appreciate reading your thoughts.  I have never been to Coco Cay.  I have only been to Ocean Cay once and have expressed on the appropriate threads/message boards about my positive thoughts.  

From the recent photos that I have seen of Ocean Cay, it remains under development, but, I could see pleasant improvements in some areas.  I suspect that will continue for some time.  (But, what Private Island has not?)  

Why does Half Moon Cay remain so well liked after all of these years by those who have visited it?  It's not an "amusement park" experience.  I hope MSC's plans don't go in that direction.  Preserve an "outer island" type of experience, an "island time" type of experience.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Any recommendations for the quietest area?  Any place to sit in the shade and look at the sea, without loud music?

Having only been there once, I don't know.  The tram driver gave us a tour of the island, but, I really didn't know one area from the other except for the area around the Lighthouse.  The Lighthouse Bar would be a good spot for shade and views of the sea, I think.  Music?  No idea.  If one is a YC guest, Ocean House's veranda is a good spot, but, it is used for dining.  Music?  Don't recall any.  

May I suggest you post your question on MSC's Message Board?  

On 6/22/2022 at 7:28 AM, shipgeeks said:

Any recommendations for the quietest area?  Any place to sit in the shade and look at the sea, without loud music?

I should have said that my question was meant for Coco Cay.  When we did the tram circuit, there seemed to be loud piped music everywhere.

On Ocean Cay, we thought every spot was a perfect spot!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, shipgeeks said:

I should have said that my question was meant for Coco Cay.  When we did the tram circuit, there seemed to be loud piped music everywhere.

On Ocean Cay, we thought every spot was a perfect spot!

I haven't been yet, but from the research I've done on Chill Island beach and South Beach you shouldn't hear the music, particularly the bits furthest away from the pool. And at the beach you'll have the sea view and plenty of umbrellas for shade.  I think the beach is most likely where you'll get that island feel you're after.

• 2 weeks later...