Boston Port and Baggage

johnlcruise

For those of you that have recently sail out and returned to the port in Boston. 

When we sail HAL out of Florida and San Diego.They offered luggage direct that you paid for. If your flight is after 12noon. That got you your boarding pass and not seeing your bags until you get off the plane in your home town. 

Just wondering if they also offer this in Boston as we have a late flight out and it would be nice not to have to worry about our bags while we site seeing. 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, johnlcruise said:

For those of you that have recently sail out and returned to the port in Boston. 

When we sail HAL out of Florida and San Diego.They offered luggage direct that you paid for. If your flight is after 12noon. That got you your boarding pass and not seeing your bags until you get off the plane in your home town. 

Just wondering if they also offer this in Boston as we have a late flight out and it would be nice not to have to worry about our bags while we site seeing. 

Thanks 

We just got off in Boston.  No luggage direct (I think it ended due to Covid because it hasn’t been on the other cruise line I’ve been on).  Just the bus transfer to the airport or the bus tour plus transfer, both offered as shore excursions.  

16 hours ago, J&Dhighdesert said:

I just received paperwork from Luggage Direct..  In Boston, someone will meet me outside the terminal and take my luggage.

I won’t see it for a few days, which is fine with me

Jo.

Where are you at that you received the paperwork? Are you on a ship?

There are two types of luggage service.  One ships from home to ship or reverse and the other transfers from ship to airport and checks bag on your flight and you pick it up at the baggage claim at your destination.  If I read correctly, the OP is referring to the ship to airport transfer. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 4:05 PM, johnlcruise said:

Thanks 

Luggage FORWARD is a HAL service for only a few ports and airlines where you leave your luggage outside your door, get your boarding passes ahead, and retrieve your luggage at your home airport when you arrive.  Luggage DIRECT is a paid service like FedEx that will pick up your luggage at home or the port when you’re done but it’s a shipping service and costs a lot!

• Thanks 2

What I'm looking for is Luggage FORWARD. I used it on my last two HAL sailing this year. San Diego and Ft. Lauderdale. It's a great service.

So just wondering and hoping it will be offer in Boston when we get off our cruise On August 22nd. 

Edited by johnlcruise
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 11:51 AM, johnlcruise said:

What I'm looking for is Luggage FORWARD. I used it on my last two HAL sailing this year. San Diego and Ft. Lauderdale. It's a great service.

So just wondering and hoping it will be offer in Boston when we get off our cruise On August 22nd. 

Believe it’s still not available except in FT. Lauderdale and one others port…definitely not Boston yet.

On 6/20/2022 at 11:51 AM, johnlcruise said:

Believe it’s still not available except in FT. Lauderdale and one others port…definitely not Boston yet.