Cost of surf Internet package purchase

erber

We are going on our first Holland America cruise in November. We are not doing the Have It All promotion as it doesn't work out to make sense for us.  We will, however, need to purchase a surf level internet package. I see the package for a 7 day cruise can be purchased in advance for $109.99. If we wait to purchase on board in order to use OBC is it a higher price? 

Edited by erber

6 minutes ago, erber said:

So if we wait until after boarding to use OBC it would be the same price but we would get surf instead of the streaming package? Just want to make sure. 

That’s correct.   If you are not streaming which probably wouldn’t work that well anyway you will get the same price.  They used to offer a first day special but I did see one on my last sailing and I haven’t noted anyone reporting such on the forum

Anyone ever done an Internet speed test with the surf package to confirm download and upload speeds? If so, it would be useful information for us. We had abysmally poor internet speed both on Royal Caribbean in April in the Caribbean  and on Princess  in June in Alaska. Yes, I know northern latitude can be iffy, but the Carribean should be fine and the internet was terrible on the Allure of the Seas. (My husband needs to use it periodically for work). 

While in the Caribbean my own cell coverage has always been available plus there are many cafes or better yet hotels that offer internet. That was one of the better things I learned here is booking a hotel resort day pass in the Caribbean.  My brother in law is a professional videographer and using hotel services has been his best advice.