How many months before departure can you book shore excursions?

49 minutes ago, firsttimer1971 said:

My cruise is well over a year away so I understand that the excursions are not yet available, but I was wondering how many months in advance you normally would be able to book any excursions? 

i booked all of my excursions for next May right after I booked the cruise last week.  Those excursions involving flights have few seats so early booking is important. 

• Like 1

Recently some cruises have been slow to add all excursions and historically there can be late additions to the list.   If it is important to you book ASAP.   Read the fine print carefully but most excursions can be cancelled prior to the cruise with no penalty if you choose another option.

reasons people wait: looking for a sale on excursions or on gift cards, waiting to use OBC

reason to book early: selling out and in the current environment increased prices.  I have seen excursions increase in price recently , I assume for increased transportation costs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

If it is important to you book ASAP.   Read the fine print carefully but most excursions can be cancelled prior to the cruise with no penalty if you choose another option.

Yes, I intend to book ASAP. Don't want to miss out on some excursions: I have checked the Excursions on https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/shore-excursions.html and made a list of excursions I want to book once available.

• Like 1