First Time Cruisers- Celebrity Edge

emem12345

Hi everyone, we are in the process of booking our first cruise on the Celebrity Edge this August, but am struggling to get advice from our travel agent so any advice would be welcome! The main question is we are booking an Aquaclass cabin which our travel agent has stated uses the Blu dining room, does this mean we can't dine in the other MDRs? We chose Celebrity due to their more relaxed approach to dining and don't want to eat in the same restaurant for dinner every night never mind for breakfast lunch and dinner! Also does anyone know what the dress code is, in particular, for men? ie is it long trousers/ shirts only?

And in terms of the bars on board are all of these included in the Elevate package or are the Sunset Bar/ Magic Carpet etc extra?

Thank you in advance!!

All bars included..I know that..Blu is assigned, but you can dine anywhere you choose, other than the Suite Restaurant. 

I dress in comfortable slacks, long khakis etc in the evening..ties/jackets not required unless you want to. Med cruises are usually more dressy than Caribbean, at least that is what I have been told..only Caribbean so far for me..

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

Many people pay the premium to book AquaClass specifically so that they can dine at Blu which is considered superior to the main dining room(s).  So the topic of eating at a non-Blu restaurant usually doesn't often come up.  That said, I believe that AquaClass passengers can elect to eat at the MDR--I hope other CC-ers can confirm this. However if your intention is to eat at a variety of different restaurants on board Edge during your cruise, you may want to reconsider spending the money on an AquaClass cabin.

• Like 1

In Aqua class you have all the dining privileges of other cabins PLUS Blu.  There are 4 MDRs on Edge and you can eat at all of them (plus the Ocean View Cafe buffet).  Check out the CC Review of the Edge to get more info here.

I assume you're cruising the Barcelona/Rome itinerary in the Med? Dress code should be reasonably casual during the day time but they ask no flip-flops, baseball caps or shorts at dinner (though some will still do this). Even on chic nights, I found the Edge to be smart casual at most.  I wore nice jeans most night and occasionally khakis (some had button downs, but most didn't).  My wife wore designer jeans with a nice top or a sun dress.

Can't answer the last one for sure--but I'd 'guess' that your drinks package should work at every bar (it certainly doesfor us, bur we're generally in a suite).  Perhaps someone else in the know will chime in if I'm wrong here.

Hope this helps--enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

In Aqua class your assigned dining room is Blu. If you want to eat in the MDR's you need to coordinate that with the maitre d' in Blu.  Since  you want to eat in the MDR's, why are you paying more to book an Aqua cabin?  

• Like 1

In Aqua class you can eat anywhere any day or night.  We did all the main dining rooms and Blu.  Nothing needs to be arranged you are free to do as you like.  I will say service was much nicer in Blu than the other 4 restaurants.  It is more like  land based restaurant service whereas the other 4 have typical cruise ship MDR style service which means it can feel rushed and/or you may not get drinks delivered to be paired with you food in a timely fashion. 

Drink packages work at all bars. If the price exceeds the limit you pay the difference. Some of the drinks in Eden are quite pricey and will exceed the limit.  I didn't think they were worth the extra cost, they were pretty small and unremarkable although there is one that comes out in mossy wooden box filled with smoke and that was pretty cool.

• Like 2