Queen Elizabeth - Live TV stations

MomentsNotice

Hi, Does anyone know if QE is currently offering CNBC or any financial news on TV? Or have a full list of LIVE TV shows on QE?

I understand from another post that QM offers CNBC but that ship normally does crossings so it may have a different satellite contract.

I am considering a 13 day crossing on QE and want to determine if I will be able to keep up to what's happening. Just finished a European HAL cruise with no CNBC and little live TV and I felt very disconnected. Thanks in advance. 

1 minute ago, lissie said:

That is actually the point of cruising - to disconnect. I doubt  there are any live TV stations - I think the cruise channel does do a summary of world news. 

To each his own but that's not the point of my cruising, particularly 13 days of mostly days at sea. I dont want to divorce myself from the world and I'd rather spend my time learning something than watching a dumb movie on TV or playing bingo during downtime.  

Every cruise line I've been on has had Live TV (usually BBC, MSNBC and Fox). I just finished a HAL cruise which had these stations but no CNBC. Not enough for me so I'm done cruising HAL. 

Again, everyone is different.

6 hours ago, MomentsNotice said:

To each his own but that's not the point of my cruising, particularly 13 days of mostly days at sea. I dont want to divorce myself from the world and I'd rather spend my time learning something than watching a dumb movie on TV or playing bingo during downtime.  

Every cruise line I've been on has had Live TV (usually BBC, MSNBC and Fox). I just finished a HAL cruise which had these stations but no CNBC. Not enough for me so I'm done cruising HAL. 

Again, everyone is different.

You might want to look at the internet packages - but don't' expect to stream real time. I like news - but I don't get it from TV - I have an app called pressreader which for a monthly sub allows me to download newspapers and magazines - I expect to download a  pile of them before we cruise 

I think BBC World, Sky News International, MSNBC & CNBC Business and Sport 24  are the live stations - Used to have FOX as well but I haven't seen that on QE since the restart - 5 days

quarantine in March means you see far too much TV

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 1