CDC currently reviewing pre-cruise testing.

Robjame

16 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

...  Not the test so much which can cost $100 or more pp   but the time , hotel meals taxi etc. cost, added air fare for people who need to meet the 72 hour rule imposed but owing to where they fly from or days which have to be added several days of costs, just getting the required tests and  waiting for a report... which can take days..    Big hassle...

You are absolutely correct!

When I flew to Paraguay in April 2022 I had to make 2 appointments in March, weeks in advance, to ensure I'd have results to meet either a 24-hour antigen or a 48-hour PCR requirement. And that was from the flight from Sao Paulo to Asuncion (at 1000 on Tuesday), since the minutia of the entry testing requirements was quite specific. So I'm having to ensure at least one test result when they couldn't guarantee either 12- or 24- hour turnaround. It all worked out ($90 PCR test on Sunday at 1500 that came back at 0700 on the day of the flight out, Monday), so I cancelled the noon Monday antigen test (which would've been $65). And thankfully I found out the Paraguayan testing turnaround was measured in hours in early May, so no problem getting that 24-hour pre-departure test (for $28) or test result, using the Embassy's list of test sites.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2022 at 12:58 PM, Robjame said:

Probably won’t be a wholesale change like flying.

‘’could it be if you are vaccinated and up to date with your boosters then you will not need to be tested pre-cruise. Just a guess.

one would hope in a sane world....  however power is like potato chips, once you start it is hard to stop !

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Any idea when we will get a decision ?

Well the current "edict" was issued for  May-Jube-July"      So I would guess August   or end of ,or,mid july...  My cruise final cancel is July 22.    I would like to see it before then

I just spoke with my Swiss and French friends and they said    no restrictions or papers or tests for Switzerland.    France has the  vax rule   BUT  I was told  no one checks and no one cares in France..        People are just getting burnt out...its been 3 years for God sakes.

Edited by Hawaiidan
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Plainfred said:

Correction— after 8/1 no pre-embarkation test required except from Greece or Canada.

Link please. I do not see anything about this on the Oceania web site. If this is true, I hope NCL follows as my next cruise is on NCL Dawn from Stockholm 8/16/22.

See “travel and entry requirements” under plan your cruise. It WAS under the Sail Safe” heading but now in travel and entry requirements.  I guess a bit of O messaging confusion about this change.  In addition to exceptions for embarking from Greece , cruise destination can affect requirement.

7 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I didn’t find it!

So if they drop pre testing, would that also mean no FCC for those that come down with Covid aboard? 

Apparently the website is glitching or they really didn't mean it.   30 minutes ago this Aug. 1 date was on the sailsafe page under additional pre-embarkation screening.   Now it's back to the March 1 date....

Edited by davencl

Here's a direct link to the updated sailsafe page:  Note the Aug. 1 date under TESTING PRIOR TO TRAVEL AND EMBARKATION

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2022-07/sail-safe-program.pdf

What I don't know:  Is this official policy or just a document sitting on their website?

Edited by davencl

Also, if you go to oceaniacruises.com, at the very bottom of the page in the Company Info column, click on SailSafe Protocols, and in the Pre-Cruise Vaccinations, Screening & Check In section click on “more info” in the “additional Pre-embarkation health screening” box and you will see the same Aug 1 information.

5 minutes ago, Plainfred said:

Also see in “travel and entry requirements” that if no pre embarkation negative test, no reimb for “quarantine or return” costs etc. 

Thanks! I figured out my problem, I was logged in on the site earlier and had to log off and then back in to get the new updates! 🥺

After 8/1, you totally roll the dice and all the risk is on us. I didn’t mind the testing requirements at all. The majority got what they asked for with this.

2 hours ago, davencl said:

Here's a direct link to the updated sailsafe page:  Note the Aug. 1 date under TESTING PRIOR TO TRAVEL AND EMBARKATION

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2022-07/sail-safe-program.pdf

What I don't know:  Is this official policy or just a document sitting on their website?

I cant see the August update when signing on to oceania. I can see it on your link. 

Read the above.

Makes no sense at all.

says from 1st of August mandatory testing no longer in place except Canada and Greece.

Then goes on to say 

PORTS

US…. must test before boarding 

Canada ……must test before boarding 

EU …….must test before boarding

Nowhere else mentioned 

Is it safe to assume if you embark in the Uk or Say Iceland you will not need one ?

Oceania need to give a clear concise message to their quest ….please.

6 hours ago, welshfamily said:

Read the above.

Makes no sense at all.

says from 1st of August mandatory testing no longer in place except Canada and Greece.

Then goes on to say 

PORTS

US…. must test before boarding 

Canada ……must test before boarding 

EU …….must test before boarding

Nowhere else mentioned 

Is it safe to assume if you embark in the Uk or Say Iceland you will not need one ?

Oceania need to give a clear concise message to their quest ….please.

The port info you mention is under the topic:

FOR VOYAGES DEPARTING THROUGH JULY 31, 2022:

For me, the website still shows the March 1st information, even after clearing cookies and cache, logging out and back in.