BUYER BEWARE TRIP INSURANCE

sandycruzr

Hank thank you so much for all the great information.  The strangest thing happened today….I received an email from Allianz saying they are now paying my claim in full.  No explanation for why they changed course…just we are sending you a check.  I’m pretty shocked but really happy.  I am wondering if they have a lot of new inexperienced employees that made a mistake with my claim.  I spoke with 7 different people at the company and I was given 7 different answers over the past few months. I was not about to give up because I really felt that I was making a valid claim. 
thanks again to everyone on this

board that gave

me so many great suggestions ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 6/21/2022 at 4:56 PM, BND said:

Pretty sure this has more to do with the op not knowing/reading what the policy actually covers.  If it's spelled out in the policy, then the co is not trying to "squirm out of paying".  They're honoring the actual policy.  It's as the headline says, "buyer beware" but as in be aware of what you're buying.

We had a claim against the policy we buy through Royal almost 3 years ago.  I had an accident and was injured and had surgery.  My OS said that I could not travel. Cruise insurance reimbursed us everything that Royal did not.  Our travel expenses (Amtrak) weren't on the policy, but we canceled and had used points which we got back.  Our hotel was also canceled by us at no cost.  You have to know what you are buying and why.  

Nope I have a great policy which I have read.  They definitely tried to squirm out of paying us It clearly states I’m entitled to a payout.  
The good news is that the powers that be at Allianz finally realized this and are now paying my claim in full! 
Persistence pays

off

38 minutes ago, sandycruzr said:

Hank thank you so much for all the great information.  The strangest thing happened today….I received an email from Allianz saying they are now paying my claim in full.  No explanation for why they changed course…just we are sending you a check.  I’m pretty shocked but really happy.  I am wondering if they have a lot of new inexperienced employees that made a mistake with my claim.  I spoke with 7 different people at the company and I was given 7 different answers over the past few months. I was not about to give up because I really felt that I was making a valid claim. 

board that gave

Good news!

Thanks for sharing, both so we all know "all is well", but also to learn that it was indeed handled the way we would expect it to be handled, etc.

GC

On 6/27/2022 at 2:55 PM, sandycruzr said:

board that gave

That is terrific news but would agree it is quite strange.  So lets have some fun and toss out a couple of theories.   Perhaps a supervisor happened to review your case and quickly realized your case had been improperly settled.  (I will admit I find this scenario hard to believe).  or..... perhaps somebody at Allianz watches CC and saw this thread :).  The Internet and Social Media can sometimes be a powerful weapon for the good.   I

Hank

22 hours ago, Hlitner said:

That is terrific news but would agree it is quite strange.  So lets have some fun and toss out a couple of theories.   Perhaps a supervisor happened to review your case and quickly realized your case had been improperly settled.  (I will admit I find this scenario hard to believe).  or..... perhaps somebody at Allianz watches CC and saw this thread :).  The Internet and Social Media can sometimes be a powerful weapon for the good.   I

Hank

I also wondered if the sudden about face was due to my post here on cc.  Either way, I am so happy it has been resolved.  I was in the process of finding a new annual policy and couldn’t find any other policies for NY residents. Now that this claim is settled I will most likely renew the policy. 
Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 1:19 PM, karena1 said:

We use the annual policy on Allianz all the time, but we also do not have the basic.  So far, only have had to use it once, but no issues at all.

Excuse my newbie question, but what level plan did you get from Allianz?