Question about Aft Facing Mini Suite on the Diamond.

4x4bob

Has anyone had a problem with exhaust soot landing on the balcony and getting into the cabin on a aft facing mini on the Diamond?  If so, how bad was it?  Did it impact your cruise or did you just ignored it?

Thanks

Bob

Edited by 4x4bob

• 4x4bob changed the title to Question about Aft Facing Mini Suite on the Diamond.

I am not seeing any aft facing minis on the Diamond.  Just premium balconies and suites on the corners.  All minis on Dolphin are uncovered, but I have neverrrad anyone complaining of soot on those balconies.  EM

I have been in 6 aft facing balconies on Grand class ships.  I have never had soot but have read reports from credible sources that it can sometimes be a problem.  If you do get soot ask the room steward to clean it .   I agree that it's highly depended on how the wind is blowing.   Occasionally I've had down drafts from the funnels (smoke stacks) and the smell is quite noticeable but so far no soot.  During Covid the crew is sometimes allowed to smoke on the aft section of the promenade.   On rare occasions I have smelled the smoke on the Baja aft facing balcony but on the Dolphin deck it was more noticeable since it's only 2 decks above the promenade. 

HTH,

Rick 

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I am not seeing any aft facing minis on the Diamond.  Just premium balconies and suites on the corners.  All minis on Dolphin are uncovered, but I have neverrrad anyone complaining of soot on those balconies.  EM

I probably explained it wrong.  It is cabin E728 Aft.

Thanks for answering.

Bob