Celebrity newbie (from RC)

Mark_UK

30 minutes ago, ladylemondrop said:

Hi Mark, we have sailed Royal (Anthem) and Celebrity (Silhouette/Reflection) as someone else mentioned they are comparable, there is more ‘fun’ on Anthem (Seaplex, sky diving, wall climbing, etc) but otherwise they feel very very similar. We too find food a notch up on celebrity, whereas entertainment is a notch down compared to the amazing shows on Anthem. You will probably enjoy the Martini bar on Celebrity, its a buzz in the evenings. We also enjoyed silent disco on our recent cruise. The all inclusive is so worth it, you can enjoy all the coffees, drinks, cocktails without worrying about cost. My choice of cruise is akways the longest I can take, as its just never long enough! Welcome to the boards! 

adding - here is our video review from Celebrity Reflection this May, we had fun! 

Thank you, those seem like good comparisons. I'll give the video a watch now ☺️

Our son and GF are in their 30’s and love Celebrity. Our son is D+ and E+ so well experienced….When younger he loved the activities on RC and the variety of entertainment….However, when we suggested giving Celebrity a go he was all for trying and it was an immediate hit.

He loves the calmness and relaxation on Celebrity. No noisy announcements. There are things to do if you want to but with a busy work schedule holidays are often times you just want to unwind….

Both he and his GF loved the bars and lounge entertainment on Celebrity, preferring it to the full shows. They also (despite covid restrictions) enjoyed chatting with similar aged couples. They also enjoyed the speciality restaurants….Well worth giving them a go.

Re your cruise choices. We love Silhouette…We are cruising her again in October. We cruised Norway a few years ago and loved it. There is a lot to be said at present with flight and airports as they are to drive rather than fly to cruise…

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Our son and GF are in their 30’s and love Celebrity. Our son is D+ and E+ so well experienced….When younger he loved the activities on RC and the variety of entertainment….However, when we suggested giving Celebrity a go he was all for trying and it was an immediate hit.

He loves the calmness and relaxation on Celebrity. No noisy announcements. There are things to do if you want to but with a busy work schedule holidays are often times you just want to unwind….

Both he and his GF loved the bars and lounge entertainment on Celebrity, preferring it to the full shows. They also (despite covid restrictions) enjoyed chatting with similar aged couples. They also enjoyed the speciality restaurants….Well worth giving them a go.

Re your cruise choices. We love Silhouette…We are cruising her again in October. We cruised Norway a few years ago and loved it. There is a lot to be said at present with flight and airports as they are to drive rather than fly to cruise…

Totally agree about Silhouette, beautiful ship, and no flying is such a plus! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ladylemondrop said:

Totally agree about Silhouette, beautiful ship, and no flying is such a plus! 

Quite simply the thought of flying this year with all the chaos made a Southampton cruise a no brainer….

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chemmo said:

Quite simply the thought of flying this year with all the chaos made a Southampton cruise a no brainer….

We are already looking at silhouette next September 9th, med cruise, looks like a lot of lovely sea days to relax on! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladylemondrop said:

We are already looking at silhouette next September 9th, med cruise, looks like a lot of lovely sea days to relax on! 

Obviously lots of others are thinking the same about Southampton cruises….prices have never been low but a RS cruise to the Canaries next year is nearly as much as we have paid for the PH this year…

We've been pretty loyal to Celebrity since we started cruising in 2008 and can honestly say we have enjoyed every single cruise we've done with them. Granted there aren't any amusement type venues like on Royal but since we aren't looking for that it doesn't make a difference to us.

We always get a premium drink package usually as an upgrade to the classic beverage package.

The food ranges from good to very good for the most part. Café al Bacio is excellent. 

The martini bar is our favorite place to hang out on the ship. 

There is a lack of nightlife on the ship as once the evening shows are done people tend to head back to their rooms. We do like to dance and wish the DJ's provided a better variety of music but we still have a good time.

We are quite bit older but our 20 something daughters both love Celebrity.

We will doing the Silhouette to Norway in July and I may be doing a live report so if I do I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about the cruise and the ship.

Edited by CruisinNewb
  • Like 2

On 6/23/2022 at 8:46 AM, WestLakeGirl said:

you will be Elite so be sure to set that up before you go since it isn’t automatic.  No welcome gift in the room though.

I always have a welcome tote in my room and I'm only Elite.

• Like 1