Testing on the ship

AK Dreaming

I'm going on a cruise this summer that stops in Bermuda after 5 days at sea.  I've been told that we have to test again on the ship 2 days before we get to Bermuda.  Has anyone experienced this?  I will be on NCL on a large ship and it seems like it would take a really long time and be very frustrating experience.  Also, if I do not plan to get off the ship in Bermuda, do I have to test?  I've been before and not to excited about anything there, so I would love to just enjoy the ship.

36 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

Also, if I do not plan to get off the ship in Bermuda, do I have to test?  I've been before and not to excited about anything there, so I would love to just enjoy the ship.

The first part I cant speak to-- they will have some procedure. 

You will need to test though-- the ship is entering Bermuda even if you don't disembark and this is Bermuda's requirement. 

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

I'm going on a cruise this summer that stops in Bermuda after 5 days at sea.  I've been told that we have to test again on the ship 2 days before we get to Bermuda.  Has anyone experienced this?  I will be on NCL on a large ship and it seems like it would take a really long time and be very frustrating experience.  Also, if I do not plan to get off the ship in Bermuda, do I have to test?  I've been before and not to excited about anything there, so I would love to just enjoy the ship.

Under the rules in place at this time due to your spending 5 days at sea, yes, you will need a second test done on board two days or less prior to arriving in Bermuda. Based on what I've read about how this has been done on other cruises I expect you'll be asked to arrive at the on board testing location at a specific time so I don't think it will be terribly time consuming as long as people follow the instructions about when to arrive for their test.

@princeton123211is correct that you have to be tested even if you don't disembark in Bermuda. You're in Bermuda when the ship enters the country's territorial waters and are subject to all its laws and regulations.