Getting to Krazy Lobster...

kgc3200

What is the best way to get to the Krazy Lobster in Costa Maya?  We will be stopping in Costa Maya this week during our cruise with Carnival.  I have seen taxi, but wasn't sure if it is walkable?  Also, if taking a taxi, do they typically know where Krazy Lobster is at?

4 hours ago, kgc3200 said:

What is the best way to get to the Krazy Lobster in Costa Maya?  We will be stopping in Costa Maya this week during our cruise with Carnival.  I have seen taxi, but wasn't sure if it is walkable?  Also, if taking a taxi, do they typically know where Krazy Lobster is at?

Google maps tells you it will be 2 miles. You can do a virtual walk. It is safe and easy walk but very hot and probably not worth  it.

Easy to get an taxi there and back and they will definitely know where it is but be aware you will be dropped one road inland, as malecon is pedestrian only. Be firm on where you want to go as you will be approached as you exit taxi and they will often try to guide you elsewhere.

That is why it is a good idea to study google maps in advance and be familiar with the name of  cross street you want to cut through to the malecon on. You can take any access towards the beach and walk along the malecon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

It's $4 per person each way and there are plenty of taxis waiting.  Not really walkable.  

It really depends on your activity level.

In recent visits I have noticed more and more people walking or cycling - either because they don’t  want to be enclosed in taxi, or because of fare increases.

However I agree it is hot and there are plenty of taxis available and I personally wouldn’t do it. We save our walking for walking the length of the malecon when we get there, 1+ miles.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, cruiseelady said:

I am curious about the fare.  I see some people say 4 bucks but resent YouTube video people say it was 8 bucks per person. 

It is $4 pp. it used to be $8 per taxi up to 4 persons.

52 minutes ago, cruiseelady said:

Ok, glad to hear it.  I cruising solo, so just wanted to know for sure.  

Well,  theoretically it should be $4 but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a minimum charge of $8, like it used to be per taxi.

I am not very pleased with the Costa Maya taxi scams since cruising resumed. I would definitely have small change and check price before getting in, or share with someone and give them your $4.

The pricing is way out of hand at the moment.

Edited by c-leg5