How will Bermuda be handled on the 10/31 Reflection TA?

I'm enjoying the topic.  

Brings me back to April when Silhouette was the first ship to Visit Bermuda on a TA.   What a mess.    Celebrity didn't  send out anything until 2 days prior to the cruise.  Couple hundred were stuck at terminal for up to 5 hours getting approval before boarding.

The big question back then was whether Celebrity was providing the Travel Pass or whether passengers had to do it.   At least we didn't have to take an additional test.   You could apply in adance and pay fee and then 3 days before boarding upload the Vax Certificates to Bermuda and then wait for approx 24 hours for them to approve.   Really tough when we only got final word 2-3 days in advance.

Edited by Jim_Iain

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm enjoying the topic.  

Brings me back to April when Silhouette was the first ship to Visit Bermuda on a TA.   What a mess.    Celebrity didn't  send out anything until 2 days prior to the cruise.  Couple hundred were stuck at terminal for up to 5 hours getting approval before boarding.

The big question back then was whether Celebrity was providing the Travel Pass or whether passengers had to do it.   At least we didn't have to take an additional test.   You could apply in adance and pay fee and then 3 days before boarding upload the Vax Certificates to Bermuda and then wait for approx 24 hours for them to approve.   Really tough when we only got final word 2-3 days in advance.

I don’t think that was question. You and others did not want to believe that you had to do the Travel Authorization and were in denial that Celebrity was not providing it. Of course the problem was what I said a few posts back. It is not in Celebrity’s DNA to be upfront with answers. And it is usual for them to wait to the last minute. 

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t think that was question. You and others did not want to believe that you had to do the Travel Authorization and were in denial that Celebrity was not providing it. Of course the problem was what I said a few posts back. It is not in Celebrity’s DNA to be upfront with answers. And it is usual for them to wait to the last minute. 

Don't shoot the messenger and categorize people as you did.  A snarky remark is never appreciated.

I applied for and paid for my authorization 3 weeks prior to the cruise.  While others felt different I rationalized it as it's just $120 and didn't want to deal with the hassle and last minute rush. .   What I'm enjoying is the exact same things being debated.  

I agree with your comment that Celebrity messaging is a disaster.    3 weeks ago I was told I needed a Bermuda Travel Authorization for our Greenland cruise.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, canderson said:

Should all countries revert to this protocol, do you think?

Bermuda is claiming their process is for safety and I do believe that it was instituted for safety. But as conditions have changed, there is no way to stop the spread of Covid infections, the tests won’t stop infections, the Bermuda government boxed itself in by putting the revenue from the TA in their budget until March 2023. And since the cruise line does and can verify the TA is duplication. 

• Like 1