Need help picking Inside Cabin on Solstice

Hi everyone, 

We are super experienced cruisers (around 50) but have never sailed in an inside cabin.   For a variety of reasons, we have decided to try one on Solstice.   I need some help picking the perfect one. 

So far, I have figured out we want to be on decks 8-10.   Has anyone stayed in an inside they would recommend?   Or have you stayed in one to avoid?  

Sadly, the fantastic sticky on the Solstice board doesn’t cover inside cabins.   And since none of them seem to have the legend’s black triangles or circles, I can’t use that system to figure out bed placement as I would normally. 

Ideally, we would like a quiet cabin not too near elevators.   I know everyone likes something different - but we really like the bed to be on the far side of the cabin.  When we get our regular veranda or mini-suites, we ALWAYS get the bed by the balcony door.   We just dislike maneuvering around it if it’s by the bathroom.  

Actually, I saw this photo of an inside (no number) with an IDEAL bed position.   We have sailed a few times in Oceanview cabins with the bed like this and we love it!

Anyway, we would really appreciate any advice or photos you could provide.  Thanks! 

C56C7456-992E-47BF-8B2D-2BC2501775BC.png

If you go to Cruise Critic reviews Solstice…click on one of the decks you are interested in…then look at room category reviews below, click on inside and it shows you the number of reviews for that cabin type you can then read. Obviously most are full reviews with limited mention of the cabin but some may have details on room layout etc.

As a general rule when booking any room we avoid any under public areas and with close proximity to lifts, doors or anywhere people are likely to gather…

We loved our two Solstice cruises, hope you enjoy!

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Hopefully someone will respond with personal experience…

It has to do with location. If you are looking at noise issues then check reviews for cabins near. I sailed in one on the Reflection and it was fine but beds near door

3 hours ago, gold1953 said:

It has to do with location. If you are looking at noise issues then check reviews for cabins near. I sailed in one on the Reflection and it was fine but beds near door

Thanks!     I read all the reviews I could fine, but most people talked about their cabin stewards.    I know how to avoid noise overhead or under by choosing the right deck.   But I am finding that insides come with noise issues from elevators (easily solved by avoiding them) and crew areas that deck plans  don’t show.   

Thanks, though, for replying! 

We have sailed 1032 twice and will again in January on the Solstice - a location near stairs and was very quiet as the door does not face out into the corridor.  Everything about that cabin was the same as our balcony, just no natural light and we sleep like a baby.  Not for everyone but let's me book a second week (B2B) for the price of a balcony on one week.

• Like 1

I sailed on the Eclipse 1047, I like because it's in a private area and it's Horizontal oriented, the bed is in the rear wall so it looks more wider, and there is no wasted space

Edited by gerelmx