B2B Cruises - Covid Tests

Wayfairers

Since HAL requires a Covid test (PCR up to 72 hours prior or Antigen up to 2 days prior), how does that work when you are doing B2B cruises?  Do they offer the test onboard for passengers staying onboard for the next cruise or are the passengers responsible for getting a test on their own?

Just now, regnig said:

In March of this year they did an Antigen test on board 2 days prior to leg 2. 

That’s good - hope they are still doing that.  I’ve asked my TA, but no answer yet.  

Was it complimentary?  Did they contact you or did you have to arrange to have the test done?

Just now, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Holland has never charged us when doing a Back to Back.

6 last year

7 this year so far and

We are doing 8 more on the Rotterdam this year.

That is wonderful information!  Thank you so much!!

1 minute ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Holland has never charged us when doing a Back to Back.

6 last year

7 this year so far and

We are doing 8 more on the Rotterdam this year.

Did they contact you to take the test or did you remind them you are B2B?

1 minute ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I agree with the previous poster.  I wasn't charged for mine.  That was in March.  It appears they aren't doing them now BUT that may depend on where you cruise is.

Why do you say it appears they aren’t doing them now?

6 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

Why do you say it appears they aren’t doing them now?

Because I haven't heard that anyone is having to get it done.  I do know someone that did 7 weeks on the koningsdam and I'm pretty sure they never had to have a covid test between all those cruises but that was Hawaii and Alaska.  Europe "may" be different.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

9 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Because I haven't heard that anyone is having to get it done.  I do know someone that did 7 weeks on the koningsdam and I'm pretty sure they never had to have a covid test between all those cruises but that was Hawaii and Alaska.  Europe "may" be different.

Canada requires it unfortunately and all three of our cruises have stops there.  I keep hoping it will change before we sail!

2 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

Canada requires it unfortunately and all three of our cruises have stops there.  I keep hoping it will change before we sail!

Sorry, requires what?  You need a covid test to get on any cruise ship as far as I am aware.  I'd be very surprised if you needed one for the b2b (in between the 2 cruises).  From this post it sounds like you are doing some kind of Canada cruise.  I thought I saw another post saying you were going to Europe.

11 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Sorry, requires what?  You need a covid test to get on any cruise ship as far as I am aware.  I'd be very surprised if you needed one for the b2b (in between the 2 cruises).  From this post it sounds like you are doing some kind of Canada cruise.  I thought I saw another post saying you were going to Europe.

Our 3 B2B2B cruises are Rotterdam to Boston, Boston to Montreal and Montreal to Boston.

On my earlier post, I was saying the country of Canada requires a negative test to enter by cruise ship. (Saw that online this morning at https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise)

Edited by Wayfairers

39 minutes ago, Wayfairers said:

Our 3 B2B2B cruises are Rotterdam to Boston, Boston to Montreal and Montreal to Boston.

On my earlier post, I was saying the country of Canada requires a negative test to enter by cruise ship. (Saw that online this morning at https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise)

You might want to follow this thread to get some real-time answers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

I think it’s good advice to follow the advice of the person that suggested the live from thread. They’ll have real time information.  I looked at the link you gave me.  I’ve been working all day and I’m tired but the only thing I saw is that there “may” be random testing.  I think that has ended but maybe you can get that clarified on the live from thread.

5 hours ago, Wayfairers said:

Did they contact you to take the test or did you remind them you are B2B?

Again, speaking of what they did in March, they delivered a letter to the stateroom of everyone doing a B2B advising time and place to show up for the test. There were enough B2Bers that they spaced it out so that the number of people was never great cutting down the wait time. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

We did some B-Bs in May Vancouver - Alaska - Vancouver:  no test required. The Boston- Montreal route sounds the same type to me.

I agree it does sound like the same type of  route.  Thanks for the info!