Seattle Restaurants

islesdave

I'm sailing 7/10.  I'm looking for a couple of recommendations for must eat at restaurants for dinner before the cruise and for Sunday when we debark before we head to the airport (flight is at 9:35PM).  Pre-cruise we are staying at the Sound Hotel in Belltown and are using Port Valet for luggage after the cruise.  What are your go-to restaurants?

5 minutes ago, islesdave said:

I'm looking for a couple of recommendations for must eat at restaurants for dinner before the cruise and for Sunday when we debark before we head to the airport (flight is at 9:35PM).  Pre-cruise we are staying at the Sound Hotel in Belltown and are using Port Valet for luggage after the cruise.  What are your go-to restaurants?

I think you need to be a bit more specific or else you are just going to get a cavalcade of options that might not be what you're looking for. As an example, I love Shiro's for sushi- a high end spot with limited seats right in Belltown. I think Metropolitan Grill is great for steaks and Canlis is an excellent white table cloth fine dining establishment. 

Are you looking for fine dining or something more casual? Any particular type of cuisine? Kid friendly not? Seattle has a ton of great eating so knowing a little more will help folks get you to where you want to be. 

Yes, if you can narrow down things a bit or you will get suggestions all over the board.  You’re in a neat area in Belltown and there are several “neighborhood” favorites that aren’t always frequented by visitors.  Shiro’s, as princeton suggested, is very popular.  Bangrak Market opened a few years ago and was an immediate hit and continues to be for Thai food.  Some Random Bar has consistently good food. Buckley’s in Belltown is more of a hole-in-the-wall sports bar with a good menu and food.  We live in Belltown and are down there weekly. The Thai Sesame Ribs are amazing.

here's my "megalist" of Seattle foods:

1) Din Tai Fung/Dough Zone  ($$)- I like both - they are excellent choices for dumplings and noodles. Din Tai Fung is a global chain where Dough Zone is more local, but you can't go wrong with either. These two places are where I'd miss if we left Seattle.

2) Sushi ($$$) -Momji Sushi in Capitol Hill is PHENOMENAL. There are a lot of good sushi places, but this is a standout for me.

3) Salt and Straw ($) - technically a Portland import and growing nationally, but the best ice cream in the country, hands down.

4) Canon ($$$) - expensive, but their craft cocktails are theatre in itself. On the drink menu, the icon next to the drink description is what it will be served in. Some examples - a glass apple, a metal canon, an IV bag, a Nintendo Cartridge....and more!

5) Rhein Haus ($)  is a cozy traditional beer hall with great appetizers.

6) Butcher's Table ($$$$) - is our favorite steak place in the city. I love the ambiance and their steak flights are worth it.

7) Bateau ($$$$) - They were just featured in the NY Times - they pride themselves on using all cuts of meat of the cow - so you'll get cuts that you won't see on most menus. The earlier you can make a reservation in the night, the better- when a cut is gone, it's gone for the evening.

8.  Starbucks Reserve Roastery ($)  -- skip the "original" Starbucks at Pike Place and go to the Roastery and Reserve room in Capitol Hill. It's a Willy Wonka of coffee - with giant copper roasters, artesian sandwiches, craft cocktails and unique Starbucks gifts for the Starbucks obsessed. The proscuitto, parm, and argula on croissant seems like it can be made anywhere but it is so heavenly. 

9. Another Starbucks trick - the Starbucks in Columbia Tower on Floor 40. It's free to go in, and you get views of the city higher than the Space Needle.

10. Craft Beer - We have some of the best craft beer in the country because most hops are grown in Yakima Valley, WA. Be sure to try Reuben's Brews, Fremont Brewing, Cloudburst and Holy Mountain.

11. Some Random Bar ($$) - In Belltown, used to be my go to for Happy Hour. Try the crab nachos and the house made pina colada (for real - wouldn't think Seattle = Pina Colada, but yes, awesome)

12. Dino's Tomato Pie  ($)- If you're missing East Coast pizza, this is the closest thing to it. It's owned by a ex-Jersey guy, and we would happily pay out the nose for delivery to get this pizza. I almost brought it home on the train with me.

13. The Pink Door ($$$) - Views of the Sound from Pike Place Market - excellent Italian food, and sometimes there's circus-like acts of entertainment.

14. Quick bites at the Market: Grabbing a Grilled Cheese at Beechers ($) - then walking through the market where the arts and crafts are on the top floor - you'll come to an outdoor patio with views of the sound that's kind of hidden away, and therefore, not as crowded. For a less touristy selection at the market -  Farvahar Persian Cafe ($) is a family run stand that is so good.

15. Copperworks Distillery  ($$) - Located right near the touristy pier, the building is amazing and their spirits are good enough to take home.  

(Still Seattle, but not downtown but worth an Uber):

12. Windy City Pie (Greenlake) ($) - really intereting Chicago style pies

13. Cafe Munir (Ballard/Crownhill)  ($$) - Our favorite local joint in Ballard for Lebanese food - I miss their hummus and garlic sauce so much.

14. Pestle Rock (Ballard) ($$) - This is Northern Thai food - so beyond a Pad Thai and a Curry Chicken - really interesting dishes.

15.  Ray's Boathouse (Ballard) ($$$) - a Seattle staple that's on the water and great seafood.

16.  The Masonry (Fremont)  ($$) - Great coal fired pies and an amazing craft beer selection, with outdoor seating/fire pits.

• Thanks 2