Chops +1 - first day dinner - will it be Chops or something else?

My first time booking the Chops +1.   It let me reserve the first dinner at 6:00pm.    Will that be at CHOPS or is Royal going to randomly put another (+1) restaurant in that place.   My planner just says "chops +1 at 6pm.      Also, it blocks 2 hours for dinner.   Will that mean I cannot book a 7:30pm show or 8:00pm show when boarding?  Thanks in advance!

Edited by BobNoxious

Just go to Chops as soon as you get on the ship and confirm (or make) your reservation for both meals. Chances are Royal won’t make reservations at all. 
Dinner reservations will not impact any other reservations. 

4 hours ago, BobNoxious said:

It shows me as booked at 6pm on day 1 on my calendar.   Just trying to confirm if that is at Chops.

Our experience has always been the same as HicksRA. We have always had a package on every cruise and have never in the last 10 years had a reservation made for us even though we pick a time and day. You are just making a place holder reservation. Go to any restaurant as soon as you board to make or change any reservation. If your ship has a Wonderland we have found that venue to have the shortest lines on embarkation day to make all your dinning reservations. 

16 hours ago, rudeney said:

Is this the same for UDP?  My app also shows the reservation I had to make for Day 1 when I added UDP, but no venue is listed - it just states "Unlimited Dining Package 7 Nights".

The detail will be in your cabin. You need to go to any restaurant on day 1 to make the rest of your bookings, so if you do that before cabins are open they can tell you your first one also (and change it if it’s not where you prefer) 

13 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Our experience has always been the same as HicksRA. We have always had a package on every cruise and have never in the last 10 years had a reservation made for us even though we pick a time and day. You are just making a place holder reservation. Go to any restaurant as soon as you board to make or change any reservation. If your ship has a Wonderland we have found that venue to have the shortest lines on embarkation day to make all your dinning reservations. 

This is odd that people have such different experiences. We usually get the 3 night package, and the details of our courtesy reservation are in our cabin when we board. 

4 hours ago, BekkaW said:

The detail will be in your cabin. You need to go to any restaurant on day 1 to make the rest of your bookings, so if you do that before cabins are open they can tell you your first one also (and change it if it’s not where you prefer) 

We are in a GS, so I'll likely just reply to the concierge's email beforehand to get all of our dining booked.  I would prefer Chops on the first night since that's our favorite restaurant.  I just find it odd the way this is worded in Cruise Planner and the app.  Of course I have to remind myself that it's Royal IT we're dealing with!