question about cabin location - Viking Neptune

jaykaym

7 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Had cabin #6030 on O--R ship, was listed as obstructed, but only partially, by a similar small life boat.  Really could see well out of large rectangular window.  Really like that cabin (also same as #6033).  I like to refer to that small size boat as a "commander's boat".  Andy, any thoughts?

Reminds me of a U.S.Navy mk11 Whaleboat. Loving refered to as a Liberty Boat. 😀

16 hours ago, Haqdeluxe said:

I'm referring to the boat in the middle of the three. I've seen the ones on either end/side (tenders) of the middle one (lifeboat) used many times for tender duties but have never ever seen the one in the middle lowered. Have you? 

Affirmative, we have seen the middle boats lowered, as SOLAS requires each boat be lowered at least every 3 months.

All 6 of the boats sitting under the davits meet the SOLAS standards for lifeboats. In addition, boats 1, 2, 5 & 6 are designed as tenders, having a dual capacity for tender ops and being a lifeboat.

43 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Had cabin #6030 on O--R ship, was listed as obstructed, but only partially, by a similar small life boat.  Really could see well out of large rectangular window.  Really like that cabin (also same as #6033).  I like to refer to that small size boat as a "commander's boat".  Andy, any thoughts?

In addition to my previous reply.

Stowed on the deck are also smaller Fast Rescue Craft. Can't remember the brand Viking uses, but they will be about 20 - 25' with lots of horsepower. They are used for man-overboard situation and to assist marshal the liferafts.

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Haha, I believe Viking use Viking rafts...  Different company I assume.

Affirmative, Viking Lifesaving Equipment are a completely separate company from Viking Ocean. They are a Danish company based in Esbjerg, on the West Coast. 

I believe the tenders are from Schat-Harding, so the FRC are probably also from them, or one of their associated companies. Unfortunately, I don't have much knowledge with the European boats, as I've never used, or purchased any of them, as we had 2 excellent manufacturers locally in Metro Vancouver, who got all our business after competitive bids.