HAL Quench package include nonalcoholic beer?

No answers on the Holland forum.😐

Found a 2017 Carnival Corp website said the package included non alcohol beer, has anyone done this?

On a 2017 website the Quench beverage package says it includes 
"Quench Beverage Package $17.95 features unlimited nonalcoholic beverages that include any juices, bottled water, nonalcoholic cocktails, nonalcoholic beers and specialty coffees for a price of $17.95 per person, per day."

But the newer Hal website says

Only $17.95 per guest/per day* Quench your thirst with our nonalcoholic package which includes an unlimited variety of premium coffees such as espresso and cappuccino, juices, Coca-Cola™ products, our signature mocktails, Red Bull, and bottled waters 500ml

Anyone had the quench package and know as to whether the non alcohol beer is included. 
Heineken 0% is available at one of the bars on the Westerdam. 

Thanks

49 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

No answers on the Holland forum.😐

Found a 2017 Carnival Corp website said the package included non alcohol beer, has anyone done this?

On a 2017 website the Quench beverage package says it includes 
"Quench Beverage Package $17.95 features unlimited nonalcoholic beverages that include any juices, bottled water, nonalcoholic cocktails, nonalcoholic beers and specialty coffees for a price of $17.95 per person, per day."

But the newer Hal website says

Only $17.95 per guest/per day* Quench your thirst with our nonalcoholic package which includes an unlimited variety of premium coffees such as espresso and cappuccino, juices, Coca-Cola™ products, our signature mocktails, Red Bull, and bottled waters 500ml

Anyone had the quench package and know as to whether the non alcohol beer is included. 
Heineken 0% is available at one of the bars on the Westerdam. 

Thanks

Not seen that on HAL site, but when booking my Westerdam cruise on HAL site a couple of months ago they had a deal:  drinks package, wine, beers, cocktails, coffees etc, a cover charge restaurant i.e. Pinnacle, for dinner, internet package and $200 per cruise obc towards shorex. But to get all that for my cruise would have been $650. Still thinking about it, I could still tack it on to my cruise by contacting HAL office. 

I got US$200 obc when I booked, promo offer. $200 would get me a pre dinner cider and a glass of plonk at dinner in the MDR or Lido buffet.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Not seen that on HAL site, but when booking my Westerdam cruise on HAL site a couple of months ago they had a deal:  drinks package, wine, beers, cocktails, coffees etc, a cover charge restaurant i.e. Pinnacle, for dinner, internet package and $200 per cruise obc towards shorex. But to get all that for my cruise would have been $650. Still thinking about it, I could still tack it on to my cruise by contacting HAL office. 

I got US$200 obc when I booked, promo offer. $200 would get me a pre dinner cider and a glass of plonk at dinner in the MDR or Lido buffet.

Thanks, yes I saw that, but with one of us non drinker, the "have it all" not worth it for us.( as both required to buy the package for 15 days).

The Quench looked good as it included proper specialty coffee and all "non alcoholic beverages" but the zero beer is same price as regular beer so not sure if this is included.

We also have the $200 per cabin, should pay for my vino 🍷  and a few other things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sallyandtex said:

Thanks, yes I saw that, but with one of us non drinker, the "have it all" not worth it for us.( as both required to buy the package for 15 days).

The Quench looked good as it included proper specialty coffee and all "non alcoholic beverages" but the zero beer is same price as regular beer so not sure if this is included.

We also have the $200 per cabin, should pay for my vino 🍷  and a few other things.

Travelling solo, the have it all is attractive, but think I will pay as I go. Which cruise and ship are you on?

Edited by NSWP

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Travelling solo, the have it all is attractive, but think I will pay as I go. Which cruise and ship are you on?

Westerdam Syd to NZ and back 15 day 8 Nov.  Been to NZ by cruise twice before on RCI ( Radiance and VOTS) but they only have Ovation now (too big for us), and been on HAL once in Alaska, great trip. It seems the drinks thing has changed the rules a lot, I remember taking 2 bottles of red onboard at no corkage from the Bottlo at Vancouver.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sallyandtex said:

Westerdam Syd to NZ and back 15 day 8 Nov.  Been to NZ by cruise twice before on RCI ( Radiance and VOTS) but they only have Ovation now (too big for us), and been on HAL once in Alaska, great trip. It seems the drinks thing has changed the rules a lot, I remember taking 2 bottles of red onboard at no corkage from the Bottlo at Vancouver.

HAL  says one bottle of wine pp, no corkage charge, so for a double in a cabin it is two bottles.

You disembark the day I embark. I have been on Noordam Westie's sister ship, good ships, not too big, not too small.

noordam.jpg.88e491392ffaf481235e5a6c1826d2a0.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

HAL  says one bottle of wine pp, no corkage charge, so for a double in a cabin it is two bottles.

You disembark the day I embark. I have been on Noordam Westie's sister ship, good ships, not too big, not too small.

noordam.jpg.88e491392ffaf481235e5a6c1826d2a0.jpg

Really!  I was told by my HAL agent they now charge $20 usd corkage per bottle .

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I am wrong, you are right, apologies, it changed last year, I was looking at info pre 2021.  No matter.

Wish I was wrong! I was pretty shocked at the change. Seems pretty mean of them and excessive fee,  but I guess they trying to make a profit after all the losses. 

Have a great cruise! 

• Like 1

Oh dear the plot thickens!

Finally heard back from Ship Services, and they told me different to the HAL agent in Sydney. Might have to print this off if we take them up on the offer. Both of us would have to get it, then I add my glasses of wine to my bill.

Ship Service email as follows:

Good day,

The Quench Beverage Package includes the following: mocktails, juices, bottle water (sparkling 330ml or still 500ml), Exploration’s Café beverages, sodas, and non-alcoholic beer.  

Price: $21.18 USD per person per day ($17.95 USD + 18% service charge).

Details:

·         Limit 15 drinks per day.

·         Must be purchased for the full duration of the cruise.

·         Excludes Mini Bar, Room Services, & on Half Moon Cay.

·         Available for purchase on Day1 & 2 of the voyage.

·         All guests in the stateroom must purchase the package.

The Quench Beverage Package includes non-alcoholic beverages including non-alcoholic beer.

• Like 2