Any updates on the Skagway dock damage?

CapeAliso

Has anyone heard of any updates on the Skagway dock damage caused by the small landslide which resulted in a change of port for Majestic this week?  I have been helping a friend plan her cruise and she leaves Saturday on Majestic Northbound. I'm wondering if she'll need to find an excursion in Haines or Icy Straight, or if Skagway is good to go.

It is my understanding that the Majestic went to Haines this week and were able to ferry guests to Skagway for their excursions. The Discovery went to Icy Strait. Haven’t seen any update yet and they may not know until they are onboard where they are going. 

• Like 1

Yes, you are correct. We went toHaineson the Majestic last week. Those that had the Princess Skagway excursion were able to be taken there. We chose the Steve Kroschel wildlife preserve. Family later said they enjoyed that more than they would have the train ride. Go figure!

We were there yesterday. Our ship was docked closest to town & we were able to walk on/off at the dock.  A Princess ship was docked behind us & tenders were used. Certainly not as convenient but the damaged dock is in use.