Woodwind snorkeling 6/23/22

lambstew

We are just back from an ABC cruise, visiting Bonaire for the first time. Woodwind was recommended and we are so glad we booked! Prescription masks for those (me!) who needed them, swimshirts for sun protection, guides with each small group pointing out different types of fish (we saw a stingray, barracuda, and eel), help getting back on the boat, and tasty food and drink. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. And they are very eco-friendly as well. Whether you are a beginner or experienced snorkeler, they will take good care of you. 

• Like 2

We snorkeled with Woodwind in Jan 2023 and highly recommend. Their service was beyond excellent, and made this the best excursions. The snorkling around Klein Bonaire is great. They make it easy as you snorkel with the wind and do not need to use to much energy.  

You are on the boat for about 5 hours, so we did not feel like doing much more on the island. The shopping street is close.

Highly recommend Woodwind. I know what I will be doing next time we are back in Bonaire.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, OutofLuck2009 said:

You are on the boat for about 5 hours, so we did not feel like doing much more on the island. The shopping street is close.

We have 9 hours after we get done with Woodwind. Our plan is to head back to the ship, clean up, eat and have a drink, then back in the port area for a bit of shopping and exploring. I have to expect there are some touristy stores around town that are open.

• 1 month later...

Woodwind left with out us in April.  We were at the meeting location 15 minutes prior to the meeting time.  They got a full boat from the resort so left even though we had a reservation.  

On 5/8/2023 at 6:54 PM, TMaine said:

Woodwind left with out us in April.  We were at the meeting location 15 minutes prior to the meeting time.  They got a full boat from the resort so left even though we had a reservation.  

You were an hour late. In April, the cruise was on daylight savings time and Bonaire is on Atlantic time. You showed up at 8:45am ship time which was 9:45am local time. The filled spaces available from people at the resort because you were technically a no-show to them. Since most ships don't port there until 8AM ship time, I think you got caught up in the time change.

Edited by BoozinCroozin