Does anyone speak Silverease to translate muddled message?

commodoredave

The message below was received from Silver Sea today in respect to our cruise that departs in two weeks. I'm unclear as to the difference in requirements between fully vaccinated guests and guests who are up to date with their Covid vaccines. It may just be me, but I find this messaging to be muddled. Does anyone out there speak Silverease and can you translate for me? Thanks. 

PRE-EMBARKATION TESTING REQUIREMENTS

Fully Vaccinated Guest Testing Requirements

Most Northern European countries require that all embarking fully vaccinated guests must hold proof of a valid Antigen or PCR negative test result performed within 48 hours of embarkation.

• The test may be administered by a verified third party, either a laboratory or pharmacy, OR
  • A self-test at home, verified by a third party.
    • The Certificate must contain your clients name (as shown on the cruise ticket), as well as the date of test, and result. Your client must provide a digital or printed proof upon embarkation.

If your clients are up to date with your Covid-19 vaccines, they must hold proof of a valid Antigen or PCR negative test result performed within 72 hours of embarkation.

• The test may be administered by a verified third party, either a laboratory or pharmacy OR
  • A self-test at home, verified by a third party.
    • The Certificate must contain your clients name (as shown on the cruise ticket), as well as the date of test, and result. Your client must provide a digital or printed proof upon embarkation.

Fully vaxxed is both shots of the primary course (or one for J&J). Test 48 hrs before boarding. 

Up to date is the primary course plus as many boosters as you are eligible for at your age in your jurisdiction. Test 72 hrs before boarding. 

All shots must be more than 14 days before embarkation. 

I believe the EU wants at least one booster if your primary course was more than 270 days ago. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Fully vaxxed is both shots of the primary course (or one for J&J). 
Up to date is the primary course plus as many boosters as you are eligible for at your age in your jurisdiction. 

Thank you! Do you speak any other languages?!

• Haha 1

Our cruise is in August embarking on a Wednesday.   We leave home on Monday, arrive in Oslo on Tuesday, then take a SS charter flight to Tromso on Wednesday for embarkation on the ship.   The flight arrives in Tromso at noonish so we have no idea when we will board.  

We are fully vaccinated and boosted which puts us in the 72 hour window.  The problem?  Timing of our test since there are limited testing appointments on Sunday and many of the last appointments are at 3:30.  So, if SS is very picky and we don’t check in until 4 pm, we are outside the window.  But, we do have a time difference to consider which is in our favor (six hours behind Europe).

Am I obsessing too much?  Do they look closely at the timing?  

Edited by forgap

1 hour ago, forgap said:

Our cruise is in August embarking on a Wednesday.   We leave home on Monday, arrive in Oslo on Tuesday, then take a SS charter flight to Tromso on Wednesday for embarkation on the ship.   The flight arrives in Tromso at noonish so we have no idea when we will board.  

We are fully vaccinated and boosted which puts us in the 72 hour window.  The problem?  Timing of our test since there are limited testing appointments on Sunday and many of the last appointments are at 3:30.  So, if SS is very picky and we don’t check in until 4 pm, we are outside the window.  But, we do have a time difference to consider which is in our favor (six hours behind Europe).

Am I obsessing too much?  Do they look closely at the timing?  

Anything anyone offers on this site is pure opinion. Can't be trusted. Truth be told, everyone is as equally confused.

That said, I'm personally starting our 72-hour clock based on the ship's published departure time. Pretty sure I will have boarded by then. If they delay, we have an excuse. 

We're departing Rome (Civitavechhia) 7 pm local time. Staying 2 nights ahead of the cruise in Rome at a Silversea hotel. I'm sure someone can direct me to a local pharmacy. If not, we will have the proctored eMed tests with us and will test at the hotel the night prior to sailing. 

I keep thinking that Silversea will eventually wake up and appreciate the absolute PITA it is for people traveling in a foreign country having to individually satisfy what is, in the final analysis, an arbitrary requirement Silversea is imposing and do what's right. Long ago realized it's not in their DNA. So either I do the homework or stay at home. Good luck!      

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When I boarded Whisper on the 24th they gave the most cursory of glances at my fit to travel certificate/negative result it had cost me blood, sweat and tears to get.

An arbitrary imposition,  just like the face nappy and the butler pointing a gun at you each morning.  This is my last cruise, nice though it's been, until all the rubbish has gone

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1