No O'Sheehan's/Local on the Sun?

We were on the Sun at the end of May.  No O’Sheehan’s, no Local.   We went to the sports bar twice, once just for drinks and once for food & drinks.  Food is served after 5 p.m. until late night.  But a VERY limited menu, and not really very good, IMHO.  Really did miss O’Sheehan’s.

Just off the iceberg cruise.  Sports bar open between 5:30pm-5:30 am.  If you are hungry it works.  If you don't like the menu you go hungry.   It is not IHOP.  What more can you ask.  They took care of me at 4:00am.  Thank you Sandy✌️

• Haha 2

We were on the Sun for a 10 day Southern Caribbean several years ago.  

The Sports Bar served as "overflow seating" at breakfast time and as a space you could utilize for seating and Air Conditioning in the afternoon. 

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Normally the first thing I would do would be to look for the Local or similar spot to get my chicken wings and cheese cake. You are going to notice that there is no local as others have stated. There is food in the sports bar from 5:30 PM to 5:30 AM from a very, very limited menu. I did come up with my own creation of Chilly Fries after my order was incorrectly placed. I also, notice that there was a lack of non-alcoholic beer on board the sailing from Lisbon (April 2-21st of 2023. They seem to have not allowed for the number of seniors on board that for one reason or another could or just didn't want to consume it in their beer. The ship's garden café is rather small, which was noticeable during sea days during meal times when seating became a premium. I am planning to cruise again and the only ship that is going to the destination I want is the Sun so at least I will have a head start as to the lay out of the ship this time. Happy cruising to all and to all safe travels. 

2 hours ago, gullivertravels said:

Chilly Fries

Were they served cold?  🙂 

We are also just off the Sun's 2 - 16 April TA.  We did miss having an O'Sheehans.  We did use the sports bar and concur on hours and limited menu as others have stated.

Of note, in the area that is Moderno at night, they prepare fresh pizza from about noon until 2:30 PM.  Like the Sports Bar, Moderno also serves as extra space for the lunch buffet (or pizza).

• Like 1