Shouldn't 4th of July sale be out by now?

8 minutes ago, Cutigerlady said:

Yes, I got an email about it yesterday.  It looks like the regular "Cruise Favorites" sale, nothing different for my cruise than was on sale a few weeks ago.  I'm not holding my breath for the Black Friday sale this year!

I'm still keeping hope for Black Friday.  lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Deluxe drink package went down about 10 per day on my cruise coming up later this summer.  It was high 70s to low 80s for a while in the planner.   It is now high 60s.  Ultimate Dining package went down 10 for the trip.  I didn’t look at the other stuff. 

Looking at it now.  UDP went down as did some of the drink packages.  I usually only look at the Refreshment Package as I don't drink alcohol.  Internet pricing seemed to be the same. Still working on actual cruise pricings.

19 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

High 60s is quite a deal now in this new era of beverage package pricing.

Yes it is.  Didn’t figure it would be going down in price considering my cruise is coming up this summer.   I do wonder what that means?   People stopped buying due to such high prices and this is the market going back down due to demand decrease for the deluxe package?  Maybe a bunch of non drinkers on this cruise so it is a one off on my ship only?   

For me, I get 5 free to begin with.  My wife won’t use all of her 5.  My kids get the 5 non alcoholic drinks (so we can get all the water we need).  So for us, I’m just better off paying as I go.  No way I would ever spend what it would cost my wife and I to buy the deluxe and refreshment package.  You’re still talking about 100 a day for that with tips etc. with this “lower” price.   I can still buy a lot of beers per day for 100.  My guess is I’ll buy a 5-10 extra beers all week.  And even if I bought 50 I’m still way ahead not getting the drink package. 

If they ever want most moderate D and above drinkers to buy the packages regularly, they need to discount them pre-cruise.  Not just the bogus 30% of onboard for D+ which works out equal to the pre cruise price for everyone.  In the meantime I’ll just enjoy all the free drinks and it will probably keep me from over consuming.  Win win.  

Obligatory tip comment: I’ll tip so drinks not entirely at no cost to me.  

We have a sailing in October to NE/Canada and one next June to Alaska.  The October sailing offerings are on "sale" (and I use the term loosely).  I stated on another board that we are newbies to RCL.  Their sales are a game of "Three Card Monty".  1/2 off 1 if you buy 2. "Up to 40% off" again depending on the number you buy or the time of the event - never seems to get to the magic 40% off number. 30% off but gratuities are added in after the fact.  And my favorite catch-all - "Pre-Cruise Deal or Pre-Cruise Sale".

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

With the new D, D+ and P free drinks,  they might be able to sell 5 drinks per day packages.

I could sell my wife and kid’s drinks and pay for my cruise.  😂😂😂

• Haha 2

No "4th July" sale showing here. The total price now for a cruise i am tracking has been the same for the last month irrespective of the different sales. The base price moves to reflect the so called discount yet the total end price is always the same give or take a few ££££