Need tech help regarding plugging in humidifier near bed

Bollycats

I will be on the Carnival Sunshine later this year and I use a travel humidifier while sleeping. While watching several YouTube videos about room tours I noticed there doesn't seem to be an outlet near the bed.  I don't want to use an extension cord because I don't want to trip over it while going to the bathroom. My humidifier uses a USB plug so I was thinking I could use a power bank to power it throughout the night. Will this work? Is there a power bank large enough to last about 8 hours? Or any other suggestions as to how I can use my humidifier?

I'm not sure it would even be allowed.

https://www.carnival.com/help?topicid=1202

Electrical and household appliances containing any kind of heating element, such as irons, clothes steamers, immersion heaters, heating blankets, water heaters, coffee machines, hot plates, toasters, heating pads, humidifier, etc. (All Carnival ships provide facilities with ironing boards and irons; fleet-wide valet laundry service is also available for a nominal fee.)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

I would try it out at home and see how it does there using the power bank,. That way you’ll know before you go!

Great idea, thanks! I can't believe I didn't think of that. I'm just worried that once the power bank charges up my humidifier it will shut off. But I'll test it and see.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Purvis1231 said:

Check this video out to see if it helps: 

Great video, thanks. The Sunshine is an older ship so I'm guessing it won't have this hidden outlet but I will bring my European adapter just in case. Does anyone know how the bedside lamps are plugged in on the Sunshine?

7 hours ago, Bollycats said:

It's an ultrasonic cool mist humidifier that uses cool water. There is no heating element.

I suspected, but don't know that security at the port would know that. I might come up with a different name/description. Or at least be prepared to answer if they ask or try to confiscate.

You might contact the special needs department and ask them for advice.

20 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

Great video, thanks. The Sunshine is an older ship so I'm guessing it won't have this hidden outlet but I will bring my European adapter just in case. Does anyone know how the bedside lamps are plugged in on the Sunshine?

Depends on the cabin. Some cabins on Sunshine didn't have nightstands and the lamps are on a rail behind the bed. Some do have nightstands with lamps and I imagine are plugged in under the bed.

Don’t remember which ship it was, but once I thought I might try to use the one behind the bed the lamps were plugged into, but it was a European outlet like the one on the desk plug. Don’t know if they’re all like that or not.

• Like 1

I have not been on the Sunshine, but when I was on the Freedom earlier this year, I was able to locate a European outlet behind the bed for the bedside lamps. I unplugged one of the lamps and, using an adapter, I was able to use my cpap without running an extension cord to the desk!

I also located a hidden American-style plug behind the TV, but I didn't need it.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1