Off the Horizon today 7/3 - will try to answer any questions

Overall we had a great time. Ship felt a bit crowded, but there was always some place to get away. There were some public indoor areas that got too hot, but it wasn't a significant issue. Employees were friendly. It felt like there were less bar servers circulating around. Would not hesitate to book this ship again.

• Thanks 1

Did you hear any discussion regarding todays embarkation being delayed? We were supposed to get on in two hours, but CCL emailed, called, and texted everyone to tell us to show up four hours after our boarding time. 

The Facebook group for the cruise is buzzing with rumors. The two big ones are they the boat has to be clear of all passengers due to USCG inspection . The other that it’s being sanitize because of a high number of CV cases. 

Edited by ElectricBallroom
Syntax

20 minutes ago, ElectricBallroom said:

Did you hear any discussion regarding todays embarkation being delayed? We were supposed to get on in two hours, but CCL emailed, called, and texted everyone to tell us to show up four hours after our boarding time. 

The Facebook group for the cruise is buzzing with rumors. The two big ones are they the boat has to be clear of all passengers due to USCG inspection . The other that it’s being sanitize because of a high number of CV cases. 

Wow, that sucks. No, I didn't see or hear anything about that. I will say that debarkation was a cluster. They essentially called all the zones at the same time. The customs/luggage area was a madhouse.

$20 OBC for the trouble.

I went to high school in Miami , so we rented a car for cheap and are making the most of it. Two of my high school rock band friends are still playing , thirty years later, so we say them last night. Today will be lunch at Jaxon’s in Dania and a quick trip to Publix. 

Edited by ElectricBallroom
Spelling
  • Like 1

How was the AC in the room?

im also wondering why the delay boarding today?  I called carnival this morning and they had no info…  Did they say anything when you were getting off the ship or did it seem more rushed today?

12 minutes ago, dubohio said:

How was the AC in the room?

im also wondering why the delay boarding today?  I called carnival this morning and they had no info…  Did they say anything when you were getting off the ship or did it seem more rushed today?

Someone above said they thought it was a coast guard drill taking place today that is causing the delay. I cannot confirm if that’s the case, but it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, tytanbri said:

What was your room number? We are staying in 10232.

10267. We really liked the location for the convenience to Lido. There is also a "secret deck" all the way forward on decks 9 and 10.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

13 minutes ago, Hoosierpop said:

Did you go to comedy and if so, did you need to get in line early?

We went to one show the 7th night. It was packed and luckily some kind people made room for us. Pretty typical in my experience that comedy fills up quickly. They did have some comedy shows in the forward lounge (theatre), which is bigger and may not fill up as quickly.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

2 minutes ago, jason976 said:

What movies were playing in the iMAX theater on your trip?  I'm trying to get an idea of how new the IMAX selections are.  We are sailing July 9!

Top Gun, Minions, and Jurassic World are the ones I remember. Have a great time on your cruise!

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

1 hour ago, Cruise, J.D. said:

Yes, they did, but we didn't go. We also got the drink credits!

I was on the 6/19 sailing and never received an invitation in my stateroom or drink credits. I though they did away with it. Now I’m a disappointed I mixed out. 

Edited by Lady cruise line

1 hour ago, Mr305 said:

I’ll be on at the end of July, did you get to try teppanyaki?  Which spaces were hot?  Seems to be an ongoing complaint lately. 

Did not try Teppanyaki, but it looked very popular. Always full when open. We did eat at JiJis and Bonsai Sushi and both were very good.

The main places where I noticed the uncomfortable heat were near some of the outdoor areas (happens on a lot of ships), JiJis, and a few times in the aft MDR. Sometimes we would notice it just randomly walking through the ship. The only time it became really distracting was at JiJis.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

Do you recall if they were selling the specialty dining package?? Last time I went I believe it was either the steakhouse or bonsai teppanyaki + $15 credit at others (cuc ins, jijis, etc) for $60.  Thank you in advance.

13 minutes ago, lstockford said:

Do you recall if they were selling the specialty dining package?? Last time I went I believe it was either the steakhouse or bonsai teppanyaki + $15 credit at others (cuc ins, jijis, etc) for $60.  Thank you in advance.

No, I don't think they were. I didn't see or hear anything about it.

7 minutes ago, Cruise, J.D. said:

No, I don't think they were. I didn't see or hear anything about it.

On the cruises I've been on where it's offered it's usually advertised on banners in the elevators.