Is leaving Miami at 12:30 too early??

mcfaddensfarm

I've had my airfare booked with Delta for several months now, for our cruise on October 1st on Freedom of the Seas out of Miami. (I have to fly out of Boise, Idaho and finding good airfare to the East coast is hard, so when I find it I have to jump on it!) I just got an email on Sunday night that they changed our return flight. The flight now leaves Miami at 12:30 pm. I've read on these boards that a lot of people say you should never book a flight earlier than 1:00 pm for a return flight. With all of the crowds leaving the port & trying to get back to the airport, do you think I'll be cutting it too close? I've heard that some people go to the purser's desk first thing when they get on the ship and ask for earlier debarkment tags, so should I just try that? Or should I try to see if they'll change the flight to something later.

I'm assuming that they changed it because my previous flight is no longer available. I know that if the airline is the one who changes your flight, you can change it without paying any penalties (or possibly cancel & rebook with another airline if they don't have anything that will work for you.) Suggestions?

Usually you will be asked what mode of transportation you will using upon leaving the ship. If it is "air", they want to know air line and time. They usually give you tags for your luggage that get you off second if you have an early return flight.

Archived