The Return of Arcadia

Travelmadoldie

I hope so as we should  be boarding her tomorrow.there is nothing to suggest that she won’t be sailing  at this stage , as we’ve received all relevant correspondence,but then again this is p&o,and nothing would surprise me 

Looking at Azura reviews on P& O’s own website this morning it would seem to have been common knowledge on recent cruises that staff were being removed from Azura to join Arcadia. This would suggest that closure of speciality restaurants etc. is more down to staffing issues, i.e they are being redeployed elsewhere, rather than supply chain issues.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

According to a well known social media forum, P&O  staff have already been on a shake down cruise on her.

Yes, I saw that Wowzz. The pictures looked great! Looking forward to our departure on the 19th!

We are supposed to be doing her Christmas cruise but we are concerned about Arvia coming along in November - where on earth are they going to get enough staff for that?? Not Arcadia I hope, we were booked for last Christmas on Aurora, surely they can't can cancel us again??!!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:29 PM, wowzz said:

According to a well known social media forum, P&O  staff have already been on a shake down cruise on her.

I can confirm. Arcadia didn’t leave the dockside. It was to ensure crew were up to speed.

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Seems the speciality restaurants will be shut on the cruise.

I do hope that they get sorted out with regards staffing as we are on her in October and do look forward to going to the speciality restaurants especially Ocean Grill.

• Like 1

According to Cruise mapper Arcadia is now heading in a northwesterly direction towards Orkney. May just be a course change to mitigate the effects of the gales if that is what is forecast.

Hopefully she will get back on course when the weather improves.

We are contemplating a short Western Med cruise on her at the end of August to use up the FCC we were given following the cancellation of our 1st May Baltic cruise.

Fingers crossed things will settle down.

Edited by arlowood
  • Like 1

Yes this is a real cruise, I have friends on board although they haven't got WiFi until they go ashore so I'm relying on updates on here and the cruise tracker sites to see where they are! This was the planned itinerary. Due back into Southampton on the 19th.

IMG-20220703-WA0015.jpg

• Thanks 1