The Return of Arcadia

Travelmadoldie

On 7/27/2022 at 11:42 AM, Ladycommonsense said:

I am still on as doing a back to back ….. the East Bar is closed and has not been open since day one. I’m not sure what you mean that specialities restaurants are closed in common with most of the P&O ships …. I have done five on Iona since January and everything has been open.

A poster on annother thread,  specifically regarding Iona has posted that Epicurean and Glass House are closed.

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

Wonder if all these adverse comments on Arcadia are the reason for the reduction in prices on forthcoming cruises. Lack of uptake perhaps. My cruise next week is now half the price I paid (Grrrrr! ) and believe some good offers on September ones too.

The fluid pricing is a mystery to me  - never been able to work it out and doesn’t always seem to be capacity related. I would love to see any algorithm they have.

I’ve just booked Aurora for December 2023 Canaries for 16 nights - select price ,standard balcony, £360pp OBC and car parking for about £1500.

When I first saw the price I had to look again - I  can’t remember seeing that good a deal before.

With the OBC it’s the same price almost as the 7 nights to Portugal/Guernsey on Aurora I had already booked for August 2023.

1 hour ago, paulatsea said:

The fluid pricing is a mystery to me  - never been able to work it out and doesn’t always seem to be capacity related. I would love to see any algorithm they have.

I’ve just booked Aurora for December 2023 Canaries for 16 nights - select price ,standard balcony, £360pp OBC and car parking for about £1500.

When I first saw the price I had to look again - I  can’t remember seeing that good a deal before.

With the OBC it’s the same price almost as the 7 nights to Portugal/Guernsey on Aurora I had already booked for August 2023.

Arcadia 21 December and per person?  Single passenger at the moment is showing from £4349 single balcony or £4126 for single occupancy. Double occupancy from £5,158 or £6,518 on select with £810 OBC!

Your Aurora one is currently at around £2,200 so looks like you have a bargain all round.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Arcadia 21 December and per person?  Single passenger at the moment is showing from £4349 single balcony or £4126 for single occupancy. Double occupancy from £5,158 or £6,518 on select with £810 OBC!

Crazy - I know that’s a Christmas one but still - massive difference.

5 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Wonder if all these adverse comments on Arcadia are the reason for the reduction in prices on forthcoming cruises. Lack of uptake perhaps. My cruise next week is now half the price I paid (Grrrrr! ) and believe some good offers on September ones too.

Yes - agree. I have just got an offer from them of 25% off the Sept USA/Canada cruise I am going on ….. sooooo annoying!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, FangedRose said:

A poster on annother thread,  specifically regarding Iona has posted that Epicurean and Glass House are closed.

They may well be now but don’t forget that Iona has so many restaurants that closing two doesn’t make any difference whereas closing two out of four on Arcadia does.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Travelmadoldie said:

Oops. Wrote too soon. When I looked she was heading out West, now turned. So is probably heading to Greenock

Yup - Greenock port schedule have Arcadia listed for tomorrow (30th). Cruise Mapper has her heading for Gourock but that's unlikely - never heard of large cruise ships using Gourock before.

4 hours ago, FangedRose said:

I see from a fb post that covid has hit Arcadia's current cruise. At exactly the same stage as it hit the previous cruise.

Your post will be deleted 

as the cheerleaders don’t like facts coming from passengers who are on the ship.

but agreed COVID probably rife again like it was for her 1st return to dialing 

if it was any other cruise line, missed ports, closed restaurants, closed venues

staff shortages 

bad food selections 

There would be some OBC and a few nibbles as sweeteners 

However P&O treated that first sailing back as you paid, and you get what we give you, even if it wasn’t what you paid for

Happy Days.

anyone on the ship confirm what the veg selection is for the duration of the cruise 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

Your post will be deleted 

as the cheerleaders don’t like facts coming from passengers who are on the ship.

but agreed COVID probably rife again like it was for her 1st return to dialing 

if it was any other cruise line, missed ports, closed restaurants, closed venues

staff shortages 

bad food selections 

There would be some OBC and a few nibbles as sweeteners 

However P&O treated that first sailing back as you paid, and you get what we give you, even if it wasn’t what you paid for

Happy Days.

anyone on the ship confirm what the veg selection is for the duration of the cruise 

Seen further posts that mask wearing is being encouraged and the indoor pool is also closed, so same situation as previous cruise. We will get an estimate of numbers at disembarkation when if is obvious how many people have been isolated.

57 minutes ago, Cristaltips said:

However P&O treated that first sailing back as you paid, and you get what we give you, even if it wasn’t what you paid for

They’re still doing that! We’re being treated like mugs 😡

But the cheerleaders who were not on the cruise say it’s amazing, it never happens to them and when they sailed Arcadia in the 1900’s everything was spiffing.

No staff issues, food was superb and everyone enjoyed eating in the MDR for 13 nights straight with minimal food selection 

Still seeing if they will release the carrots so there is a second choice of veg 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PompeySailor said:

But the cheerleaders who were not on the cruise say it’s amazing, it never happens to them and when they sailed Arcadia in the 1900’s everything was spiffing.

No staff issues, food was superb and everyone enjoyed eating in the MDR for 13 nights straight with minimal food selection 

Still seeing if they will release the carrots so there is a second choice of veg 

I’m hoping P&O read cc, doubt it but they could take a leaf out of the Big 4 and listen to their customers. 
I hear P&O customer service is great 😉

3 hours ago, FangedRose said:

Seen further posts that mask wearing is being encouraged and the indoor pool is also closed, so same situation as previous cruise. We will get an estimate of numbers at disembarkation when if is obvious how many people have been isolated.

The Captain has said that masks are compulsory now but lots of folk think it doesn't apply to them. 

Hi fellow cruisers

we r on Arcadia next week, the first of our many re-arranged cruises since 2019.

Do we still have the liquid soap and hair shampoo in the showers?
anything else we should be aware of?
we will be taking masks.