Enchantment or Ovation...

17 hours ago, Steppy08 said:

Just got off Enchantment and really like the size of ship but it is looking a bit worn lately. 
we like the smaller ships but did Northern Europe on Navigator and loved that size ship too. Big enough to have a lot to do but not monstrous. 
Id go by itinerary honestly. I’ve only done Alaska on HAL (on a ship smaller than Enchantment) and Glacier Bay was absolutely breathtaking. Whatever you pick, spring for a balcony. It is worth it. We were so exhausted after the Alaska ports w hiking and kayaking that we didn’t do much on the ship anyway. I loved the inside passage and sailing from Vancouver. 

I agree that the Voyager class ships are a great size and lots to do and have that ice rink too.

I got to see Glacier Bay once back in 2010 with HAL.  then my next 3 cruises were on RCI.

For as much as RCI brags about how they are trying to be more green, they quietly are still being kept out of Glacier Bay due to something they did a while ago to harm the environment.  Celebrity does not go either.   Guess that Carnival cruise ship goes though.   

22 hours ago, azureblue50 said:

We just got off the Enchantment in June.  Yes, she is a bit rusty in spots noticed when standing on land looking up at the balcony ceilings.  She did drip water from the angled window in the spotlight lounge and I saw resulting warped floorboards.  We booked last minute interior room and found the furnishings the same as our 20-year-old memory.  Keep in mind she was sitting vacant for almost 2 years, rust happens.  Having said all that, I would sail Enchantment again in a heartbeat.  She has such a grand style/personality, I found beautiful details in so many areas even the public restrooms.  Windows are everywhere!  Easy to walk and get to venues.  I adored the Viking Crown Lounge; any seat will give you a great view. The solarium is covered which helps in cool weather.  Did I mention the yummy pizza on deck 9, pool deck?  I like to say, yes, she is old but very elegant.  I have not been on Quantum so I cannot truly compare.  Just my honest opinion, I hope this helps.  

We are currently decided between Radiance and Enchantment.  I have been on both ships in the past and enjoyed both.  I am glad to see such a nice post about Enchantment as I am leaning to this Itinerary but was worried about the condition of her.  Both ships need drydocking, I am sure, but you and others are correct that with Alaska the ship is not what it is all about!  Thanks for helping me make up my mind!

Edited by cruisebabe50
Accidentally posted without comment.

We''ve just got off Radiance doing a b2b from Vancouver, having sailed Ovation as well I would choose Enchantment as imo there is more to see on this itinerary, granted Ovation has a nicer solarium and 270 but we spent a lot of time on radiance is the champagne bar and schooner bar just looking out as we sailed to take in the great views, and, we were off the ship so much it wasn't as if we were missing out on onboard activities.