Transportation from DisneyWorld to Port of Tampa

NJLVW

Hello all. I am looking for recommendations for transportation from DisneyWorld to the Port of Tampa. We do not want to rent a car to drive there. I am hoping that someone knows of a reliable transportation / shuttle company who does this route. I used to use Michael from VIPLimo. Seems that he is no longer in business as I have tried to call them. I have tried google search just not sure I am finding much or those that would be reliable as we want to get to the port early in the morning. Any suggestions would be quite helpful. I have time as we do not cruise now until March 2023. Had to cancel the last few years because of Covid so really looking forward to this vacation. The other alternative would be to just fly into Tampa and stay at a hotel close to the port. Any and all suggestions on hotels would be appreciated as well. Some place that either has a restaurant on site or restaurants in walking distance. We have never stayed in Tampa so the area is very new to us. Usually cruise out of Miami and always stay at the Hyatt. Thank you in advance for any and all help.

• 1 month later...

I have been doing research on the transportation. I thought it would be way easier. I am considering doing a lyft or uber. However, we have never used the service before. Does anyone know how safe & reliable a lyft would be? Is one better than the other? Do you have to schedule ahead or is this something you do the same day. I really want to start my vacation off right and stay in Disney for a few days. I also want to know we are getting picked up around 8am to get to the port for 9:30ish. I figure it is about an hour and a half. Anyone with knowledge or thoughts? 

Thank you,

Uber and Lyft are easy, safe and generally reliable - download and set up both apps to compare costs and wait times - then choose your ride.  You can book the day before with a scheduled pick-up time.  Once you book your ride you will get a photo of the driver, name, car make/model and license tag number - much safer than an anonymous taxi.  That said, a 90+ minute ride will not be cheap - I would also price out a one-way car rental (Hertz and Avis have locations close to the port, Enterprise in Ybor City is close, and they will shuttle, or drop the car at TPA and taxi to the port).  Have a great trip!

Thank you johnindc. I actually tried to look up the cost by putting in the address from start to finish. It was less then the shuttle services and the shuttle services want prepayment and I can’t see paying 6+ months ahead. Hopefully it will be the same once we are there. I did add both apps to my phone. Seems to be the way most travel now a days. I appreciate your imput and glad to know they are both reliable and safe.