Cosol Tours — were we a “one-off?”

Natitude61

So after hearing all the rave reviews about Cosol, we booked with them for our December 2021 cruise. Granted, things were a bit of a mess in St Lucia, since it was still on partial lockdown. Took forever to disembark from the ship due to Covid screening, and only one other couple had booked the same tour. After waiting for an hour or so to see if they’d show up (assuming they were stuck in the long lines), our driver finally gave up and took just us.

It was obvious that our tour guide was not in the best mood — maybe due to having to wait, maybe due to the no-shows, maybe just had a fight with his girlfriend, who knows?! Barely talked throughout the tour and seemed irritated at times. He was a young thin guy; not one of the happy, friendly guides that I see on their website or FB page or hear everyone talk about.

We’re going back to St Lucia next January, and willing to give them another shot. How can I be sure we won’t get the same guide? Can I request a certain guide? I have no idea what our guide’s name was, so can’t request NOT to have him…

Is it worth giving them another shot?

Yes and Yes. YES request a specific guide his name is Baptiste. Yes you should give them another shot. Last December we were in a global mess yes we still are but not as bad for cruising(I still won't book yet). Last December was not a conducive time to cruise.

I had friends on the Enchanted Princess last December they were miserable. For one reason or another or another or another they had such a terrible time they wouldn't discuss the cruise with me. Other than to tell me they had to go back to there stateroom and take there masks off so they could breathe. Half the ports were shut down the ones that were open you could only take ship tours it was always some kind of B.S.. 

By January in the event we're all still here things should improve even more. 

Baptiste should be your driver, you need to get on your roll call and try and get others from your sailing to go with you. We had a group of about 30, 4 vans full of passengers the 5th van was a rolling bar. 

Excellent tour and I'm picky. Hope this helps.🙂

• 6 months later...