Is there any advantage to an Edge-class single studio over a regular inside stateroom?

Mississippian

I am thinking about booking a Transatlantic this fall offering low/no single supplement. When the choices of staterooms comes up I have the choice between a single studio or a regular inside cabin, for essentially the same price. On NCL single studios are grouped together and have a dedicated lounge, but I don't see anything about that on Celebrity. Is there any reason not to book a full inside stateroom if they are the same price as the studios, the the full has 20-50 more square feet? Thanks!

I’m not seeing a cabin category called Single Studio.  Are you referring to the Edge Single Stateroom with Infinite Veranda?  That cabin has a floor to ceiling window that the top half opens, I would give up some sq footage for the full view and fresh air 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

I’m not seeing a cabin category called Single Studio.  Are you referring to the Edge Single Stateroom with Infinite Veranda?  That cabin has a floor to ceiling window that the top half opens, I would give up some sq footage for the full view and fresh air 

I was mistaken. My choice is between a studio veranda and a full one, both around the same price.

Edited by Mississippian

I don't know if this will make a difference to you, but you will get double Captain's Club points when sailing in the regular veranda, but not in the Single staterooms.  And I believe the dedicated singles are smaller, but you can check that online.  If the price is the same (due to the single supplement special going on right now) then I'd go with the regular one.

Also, a solo traveler who sailed a few weeks ago said that she got wifi on 2 devices when she booked a solo aquaclass stateroom, even though she booked at 100%, rather than 200%!

• Like 1