Updating assigned cabin for B2B2B2B

blueskadoo

Hello all. Booked 4 cruises while on board for the month of January. Got home and discovered that one of the four cabins is not the same assigned room (for the 1st cruise, a short 2 night) and the other 3 (the longer ones) are all in the same cabin back to back to back. Obviously, it'd be preferable to stay in the same one and not have to move. Is there an easy way to fix this before, or should I wait until I'm on the ship? The two cabins are next door to each other.

If you booked them as individual cruises rather than one long one, you should be aware that cabin changes might occur anytime according to your contract.  

Nevertheless asking them now opens at least the change of another solution more pleasing to you.

On 7/5/2022 at 2:35 PM, blueskadoo said:

Hello all. Booked 4 cruises while on board for the month of January. Got home and discovered that one of the four cabins is not the same assigned room (for the 1st cruise, a short 2 night) and the other 3 (the longer ones) are all in the same cabin back to back to back. Obviously, it'd be preferable to stay in the same one and not have to move. Is there an easy way to fix this before, or should I wait until I'm on the ship? The two cabins are next door to each other.

I don't know if I would call. You risk them screwing it up even more.  I actually had b2b YC and they did it to me. Simply put, they can change your cabin for any reason at all and they don't give a rats arse about your needing to change rooms.

I would probably bet that they change your room again on another sailing or do something to screw it up. That has been my experience first hand. They always screw something up.  

If you just booked these, you can give them to a TA and let them handle it. I think you have 30 days.

You guys are making me really nervous! The problem with the room being booked is I'm afraid it was because the room was already assigned to someone else. I had to book it as 4 cruises because my husband will be staying on board for the long cruises solo while I come join for the shorter ones (the first and third cruises). One of us is freshly retired...one of us still works, lol. We had hoped that he would be able to stay in the same cabin the whole time, and the cruise consultant had acted like it was the third leg, so he could use the YC concierge once on board to help him. With it being the first (and shortest) cruise, we don't really want to upset people's room bookings, but I would feel better being able to help him "nest" given how long he will be on board. For clarification, he has a regular YC deluxe booked, and the room he's trying to switch is next door to him, so we don't think it would be a big deal as its an even swap. I am always nervous to call MSC for anything so I had hoped there'd be a way I could monitor in case someone cancels or upgrades and he could snag it. 

Additionally, I had one more question. I noticed that his 2 solo legs did not given him the 50/pp voyager credit. For the 2 I'm joining him, we got that for us both, plus the 4th of July OBC, plus the book onboard credit. For the solos, he got the 500/200 but that was all. (Another thing I didn't catch when we were with the consultant when on board.) Again, trying to avoid calling...anybody know why it might've not been included? 

Thanks all. This is our first time doing something like this so I am learning a lot! 

@blueskadoo

I booked the same cruise 3 times (MSC rules forced me too).

On the first one I didn't get the $50/pp OBC.  I booked over a year in advance.

The second time...it showed up.

The third time....it wasn't there on the initial booking confirmation...then they sent me another  confirmation, and it was there.

The reason it wasn't on the first booking is that you need to book between 9-12 months in advance.  Not sooner...not later.   So check when the one not showing the credit was booked and if it was in "the window".