NCL Joy

mem05

if the ship's duty free shop had stock, they absolutely should have transferred (whatever was unsold) to all the bars onboard. however, it still likely would not have been enough for even one cruise, let alone two.

This is one reason I'm not going to upgrade to Premium Plus until I'm on the ship (if then.)  Normally it's a no brainer for me, but if they're out of Champagne and other high end stuff, there's no point (yes, I drink sparkling water and Starbucks, but not $35/day worth.)

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 11:56 AM, BirdTravels said:

Common for all cruise lines. Supply chain problems impact bars everywhere. We were on Royal a couple weeks ago and the bartenders said that had been out of stock of some items for weeks. Always hoping that they would show up on turnaround days. 

On 7/8/2022 at 10:48 AM, Al baby said:

They have Friends of Bill W meetings on most ships 

I honestly didn't know what that meant and had to google it.  That said, I think it is great that they have such meetings for those who need/desire the support.  Cruising must be tough for folks with those struggles.

• Like 1

So I was on the 7/3 Joy cruise. Thankfully had access to the haven bar. I found that most bars had about what I wanted (except  grapefruit for Paloma) through the majority of the cruise. Using mostly atrium and Maltings.  Vodka disappeared the night leaving Bermuda and the day at see for the most part. But thankfully the Haven bar still had it when I ordered. However I didn’t stay at the Haven bar as it always seemed to be the same people and it was loud…nothing wrong with that just not what I was looking for.

Running out of entire types of alcohol that are as basic as vodka is really surprising and disappointing. Lots of highs and lows about this cruise for me. 

With several threads here and other forums regarding NCL running out of some alcohol, did NCL give you an onboard credit? Has anyone successfully had the gratuities paid on package refunded or partial refund?

On 7/11/2022 at 10:48 AM, njkate said:

With several threads here and other forums regarding NCL running out of some alcohol, did NCL give you an onboard credit? Has anyone successfully had the gratuities paid on package refunded or partial refund?

Why would they?  NCL never states anywhere that any spefic type or brand of alcohol would be available.

18 minutes ago, MoCruiseFan said:

First World Problem.  Drink something else...

Ahhh yes because paying thousands of dollars for a cruise and not having a major incentive for going, the drink package that you PAID for, run out of stock of alcoholic drinks is unreasonable for people to be upset that a major part of their vacation is being affected. 😒

Edited by AfraidOfHeights

2 minutes ago, AfraidOfHeights said:

Ahhh yes because paying thousands of dollars for a cruise and not having a major incentive for going, the drink package that you PAID for, run out of stock of alcoholic drinks is unreasonable for people to be upset that a major part of their vacation is being affected. 😒

This 100%.  Also nothing more annoying when some says First World Problems for something they don't care about

4 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

First World Problem.  Drink something else...

If you are looking for a 3rd world cruise, I think Carnival keeps picking up folks traveling from Cuba in a rowboat.

For me, If I pay for something, I expect to get it or be compensated.  Don't upsell me packages ad nauseum and then shrug your shoulders and say "So Sorry".  Feels a little fire festival to me.