Emed Proctored Tests for Kids?

kelkel2

Has anyone who has cruised with kids under 5 years old used the eMed tests? I am just curious if the company will do kids’ tests. I would think they wouldn’t but don’t want to assume. And as far as the results, do they just go to the parent’s email? I’m just curious with the logistics. Do I have to have an online login in with this company in order to receive our results?

Edited by kelkel2

• kelkel2 changed the title to Emed Proctored Tests for Kids?
1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Under 5s have had to have PCR tests due to no vaccine. PCR tests could not be done via telehealth.

Now that under 5s can be vaccinated, I'm not sure what the rules are.

Yes, my kids will be fully vaccinated by our cruise so now they’ll be able to do a rapid, which is fantastic. But also with Walgreens and cvs now charging, I’m looking into doing eMed since I can do the whole family all at once. 

6 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Looking into emed as well and I have 2 vaccinated kids. Can they test all 4 of us at the same time?

I’m wondering that too. Heck, I’d pay a small fee for them to do all of us on the same video chat call. 

On 7/7/2022 at 4:34 PM, kelkel2 said:

I’m wondering that too. Heck, I’d pay a small fee for them to do all of us on the same video chat call. 

We are using a company called On Point Testing.  https://onpoint-testing.com/help-center/

They will do the proctor testing via video 24 / 7.  You can buy tests from them or use the ones we all got sent to us or ones you can get at CVS (or other pharmacies).  They will do up to 4 people at a time. 

We have 7 (3 kids) so we have 2 back to back appointments.  7am and 7:15.   $14 if you supply your own tests.  They do children from 6 months of age.  

"We test children starting at 6 months of age and older. Parents may choose to perform the test on young children by oral or nasal swab".

We used the eMed proctored tests for our vax’d 8 & 11 year olds before our cruise in April. The whole process was easy and went smoothly.  Recommend you set up your account ahead of time and you will need to add your children to your account as a connected profile. Each child will need to do their test with adult present the whole time and administering the test. Plan on the whole thing taking 20 mins per child and each will need to be done separately.