World Europa - Dubai - Jan 21, 2023

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Just booked, first time on MSC . Hopefully the Roll Call will get a little busier closer to sailing.

Sadly RCs on MSC are rarely busy. I think it’s due to the interporting and the diversity of nationalities on board! 
We will keep this one alive though! 
We fly out on the Thursday from LHR

Edited by little britain

I pretended to apply for a Saudi visa (for Canadian). When it came to payments, it was US 217.00!!

That's about half of a 7 day inside cabin cruise fare and we only need it for one port day.  My travel agent told me it is US $130.  I still find it very steep.

I read somewhere on line that there is a marine transit Visa for cruiser issued by the Saudi government.  The cost is RS100 which is about $30. But I couldn't locate the proper application form.

Does anyone have any experience about it?

Thanks

I can see quite a few passengers staying on board if they haven't got a simple and cheap solution to this.

I've read that previously passengers spent hours trying to get through customs to get ashore and reboard at the cruise port even when they had the correct visas.

Edited by Bobblehat71

As per my travel agent, saudi visa is required for embarking the cruise ship in dubai.  So even if one wants to skip going ashore in that port, one still needs to have the visa.

• 1 month later...

Have bought full Saudi Visa ( as we are going to Riyadh after the cruise) -cost £125pp 😱 

@YFEW here is the link for the transit visa https://visa.mofa.gov.sa/Home/Index?TSPD_101_R0=0849605b0cab200064824da29ebd0ac0eba8246356a28bbb1ed24caf24a0dedd92e07344816af80c08c21a740d14300029d1e31deb636d5edd950f2d16987ab021f2860bdb578248c4f5ba21e1770fd0af5cb35f7cc4dbc0762668af74956463

Good luck with getting it in English! 

Hi I'm Suzie from Cardiff , South Wales and I'm travelling solo on this cruise. It will be my 1st MSC cruise and I am so looking forward to it as the ship looks amazing,  plus Dubai has been on my bucket list for many years .

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Suzie

x

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 12:38 PM, YFEW said:

As per my travel agent, saudi visa is required for embarking the cruise ship in dubai.  So even if one wants to skip going ashore in that port, one still needs to have the visa.

I have had confirmation by email from MSC stating that a visa is not required for Saudi if staying on board 😅  

They really need to get this sorted! 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, little britain said:

Cruise Tickets just arrived! 

Nothing yet , but did get an upgrade offer email. No bargains to be had unfortunately 😒

Whats everyones thoughts on getting tested? Website just says not required but recommended ? 

Any one know if that's the same for Emirates Airlines? Cant find any info on their website.

47 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Nothing yet , but did get an upgrade offer email. No bargains to be had unfortunately 😒

Whats everyones thoughts on getting tested? Website just says not required but recommended ? 

Any one know if that's the same for Emirates Airlines? Cant find any info on their website.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/united-arab-emirates/entry-requirements

I also have no idea what “recommended not required “ means!!! We aren’t bothering 

Edited by little britain

On 11/3/2022 at 10:35 AM, Bobblehat71 said:

I have had confirmation by email from MSC stating that a visa is not required for Saudi if staying on board 😅  

They really need to get this sorted! 

Hi have u any more info on this Saudi visa? I saw online that this visa costs approximately 464 SAR wihich in UK pounds is £102 each which seems a bit expensive for just being in for 1day!! Or is there a cheaper tourist visa that u can get?

is there anything worth seeing in Dammam? Or would I be better to save my money and stay on the ship?

We are on the 10th of March sailing my wife and I. 

Not got the details to hand but I believe there is a cheaper day visa available for around £35.

The MSC Trips aren't particularly appealing for us in Dammam and the prices are eye watering. We will be staying on the ship. 

Edited by Bobblehat71

On 12/9/2022 at 4:31 PM, Stormy Dan said:

Hi all I spoke to MSC on the phone today they said they got an email from Saudi Government today and the visa is still required whether you go ashore or not!!

They really do need to sort this out. Not sure what they'll do if half the ship turn up in Dubai without one. 😅 

On 8/15/2022 at 4:22 PM, YFEW said:

I pretended to apply for a Saudi visa (for Canadian). When it came to payments, it was US 217.00!!

That's about half of a 7 day inside cabin cruise fare and we only need it for one port day.  My travel agent told me it is US $130.  I still find it very steep.

I read somewhere on line that there is a marine transit Visa for cruiser issued by the Saudi government.  The cost is RS100 which is about $30. But I couldn't locate the proper application form.

Does anyone have any experience about it?

Thanks

Contact MSC they will send you the link to it and the steps to follow to fill it in. 
some people get it to work some don’t