Yacht Club Seashore June sailing review

ginger123snaps

Family of 5 with 3 boys ages 14, 14, 12.  We stayed in the Yacht Club Grand Deluxe Suite.  Aside from main bed, sofa bed fit 2 and the ottoman opened up to fit the fifth person.  In some of the suites the bed drops from the ceiling.  I was very worried about all of us in 1 room but it was fine.  Having said this from this point on we will be doing 2 rooms as my boys are big.  

19034 Room:  Walk in closet had enough room to hang all of our clothes.  I brought all of our clothes already hung in Garment bags which made unpacking/packing super easy.  Usually I bring organizers but didn't need any this time and had extra shelves we didn't use.  I brought a couple of magnetic hooks which were helpful.  I did bring a charging station which was helpful with 5 devices.  There was 1 outlet in the bathroom at the top close to the ceiling.  Our water flosser plug (USA) did not fit in the bathroom outlet.  All of the other outlets in the room were fine.  The hairdryer is permanently affixed inside the drawer and its a hold button down to dry with good power.  To keep lights on you need a card for the slot.

Yacht Club Included:  We sailed Yacht club in 2019 on Seaside and noticed small changes.  The room snacks are only included the first round.  After the first round you pay for snacks.  We had Toblerone, 2 cans of Pringles, 1 jar of nuts.  We also got 1 large bottle of whiskey as opposed to the smaller bottles we got previously.  Venchi's and Gelato are no longer included in Yacht Club.  My son was charged for soft serve from the jungle bar each time but our concierge just removed those charges.  There seems to be a miscommunication about whether or not soft serve is included.  Our concierge said it is and if we get charged to let them know so they can remove it.  Embarkation is handled by a third party and no longer as nice as it used to be.  All drinks under $15 are included around the ship.  If you order a $17 drink you get charged the full amount and not the $2 difference.  

Yacht Club Experience:  Amazing!  That's All!  

Fun Pass:  Arcade games are on average $2.50 each.  The 4D cinema is $11 and I can't remember the VR rafting but they do buy one get one free days.  If your kid likes to game then buy the fun pass.  I bought 3 and my 14 year olds enjoyed the teen club so much that they never used theirs.  

Elevators:  its a new system where you choose your floor before getting on (can't change your mind once on) then the elevators will work efficiently to get you there.  I really liked it.  It reduces wait times and you are not stopping at every single floor.  

I agree about the elevators.  I know there are some reviews were people post they think the wait time is long.  I agree there are times when it might be a little longer than normal.  However, once in you don't stop at a lot of floors before your designation making the ride quicker.  Also, we only found a couple of times were the wait seemed a bit longer.  

Great information for a first timer!  Thank you.  We will be on Seashore in October in the Yacht Club as well.  A few questions, if I may...

1.  When you say first round of the mini-fridge was free and anything subsequent to that has a charge...was wondering about other contents such as beers or sodas.  Are these items in there as well?  And how does this work?  Does the room attendant refill consumed items immediately or do they just let the mini fridge empty out before refilling?  I guess what I'm really asking is how did you keep track of your first round items to avoid getting charged?  Can I just request that the fridge not be refilled?  Maybe I'm just over thinking it...

2.  On Celebrity there is Cafe Al Bacio where you can get pastry and specialty coffee.  Pastry is complimentary but the coffees are an upcharge unless you have a drinks package.  Is there a place like this on Seashore?

Glad to know that you pay full price for the drink if it goes over $15.  I'm used to just paying the difference...wow.

Again, thank you!

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

I can answer your first question.  Only the snacks are once and done.  As for the beers, waters, sodas in the refrigerator, they were replaced as consumed.  They do not have diet coke in the refrigerator but they had coke zero. I just asked if they could make sure a few diet cokes were in there each day.  They are very accommodating, you just need to ask.  What I do is I write out a note on the first day and review with the butler things that we would like.  Extra towels each day, a lounger for the balcony, diet coke in the refrigerator.  Its works great.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paphillyguy said:

Only the snacks are once and done.

Once again, MSC is consistent in their inconsistency. On my last 2 MSC cruises (March and June), everything was replaced at no charge. Actually, we got extra (2 at a time) Toblerone and Pringles and were never charged. Granted, we have 2 children so that might be a factor. 

4 hours ago, ginger123snaps said:

My son was charged for soft serve from the jungle bar each time but our concierge just removed those charges.  There seems to be a miscommunication about whether or not soft serve is included.

We never saw the charge. The items we ordered at the Jungle were never charged. Venchi was charged (it wasn't on Seaside back in 2018) but it wasn't enough of a charge to worry about. The included chocolate on the pillows at night was the same stuff that was for sale at Venchi. I can't complain. 😁

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Once again, MSC is consistent in their inconsistency. On my last 2 MSC cruises (March and June), everything was replaced at no charge. Actually, we got extra (2 at a time) Toblerone and Pringles and were never charged. Granted, we have 2 children so that might be a factor. 

I think it is the butler as well.  Our butler was okay but certainly did not go above and beyond 

On 7/5/2022 at 7:26 AM, sconde said:

Hello!

Wondering if anyone could possibly answer a question before I do further research and possibly book a MSC cruise this week.  As covid vaccine info is forever changing I just want to check.  I looked on the MSC site and it looks like the way it is worded that you must have your 2 full doses of whatever vaccine you chose before booking/embarking on boat.  It doesn't mention anything about the booster.  I checked online(bad move) and some sites have mentioned that if you are over a year since had vaccine you must get the booster to be considered fully vaccinated.  I completed both my vaccines April of 2021, My husband and older son Summer of 2021 and twins(12) Winter of 2021.

My question is this enough?  I cannot for medical reasons get the booster right now and will not as I have a bleeding condition and the vaccine altered it a bit and I do not want to take a chance with the booster while I am stable.  Can we book a cruise with all fully vaccinated but not boostered?  I am looking at a last minute cruise first week of August.  

I would appreciate any help in answering the question.  From my end it looks like fully vaccinated means 2 doses as MSC does not have booster mentioned on site.  Thank you so much to anyone who can help answer this question.  

Stephanie 

On 7/8/2022 at 9:15 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

Great information for a first timer!  Thank you.  We will be on Seashore in October in the Yacht Club as well.  A few questions, if I may...

1.  When you say first round of the mini-fridge was free and anything subsequent to that has a charge...was wondering about other contents such as beers or sodas.  Are these items in there as well?  And how does this work?  Does the room attendant refill consumed items immediately or do they just let the mini fridge empty out before refilling?  I guess what I'm really asking is how did you keep track of your first round items to avoid getting charged?  Can I just request that the fridge not be refilled?  Maybe I'm just over thinking it...

On 7/8/2022 at 9:15 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

2.  On Celebrity there is Cafe Al Bacio where you can get pastry and specialty coffee.  Pastry is complimentary but the coffees are an upcharge unless you have a drinks package.  Is there a place like this on Seashore?

Glad to know that you pay full price for the drink if it goes over $15.  I'm used to just paying the difference...wow.

Again, thank you!

1.  They will ask you if you want more snacks.  We had kids also and the butler did bring extra cans of Pringles.  Drinks were free to consume.  It was only the 3 snacks

2.  Yes, love that Cafe on Celebrity.  MSC has Venchi's for specialty coffee and is not included in the drink package (It was when we went a few years back). You can also get a latte made at the top sail lounge.  

7 hours ago, ginger123snaps said:

2.  Yes, love that Cafe on Celebrity.  MSC has Venchi's for specialty coffee and is not included in the drink package (It was when we went a few years back). You can also get a latte made at the top sail lounge.  

Is there any difference between the normal coffees (e.g. cafe latte, americano etc) at Venchi and any other bar on the ship?   I thought they were all the same, and the Venchi thing was more about chocolate (inc chocolate drinks and actual chocolates).

MSC is the only cruise line I know that charges full price for a drink over the drink package. On everyone else, you pay the difference plus gratuity. We got off the Seashore in the YC in may, and loved it. It was our 3rd MSC cruise, and we booked a fourth while on board. The Divina for a 3rd time, in the YC. One thing we seemed to notice was when we left the YC to wander the ship, it seemed like a Carnival ship, loud and somewhat raunchy.

On 7/10/2022 at 4:29 AM, 8420PR said:

Is there any difference between the normal coffees (e.g. cafe latte, americano etc) at Venchi and any other bar on the ship?   I thought they were all the same, and the Venchi thing was more about chocolate (inc chocolate drinks and actual chocolates).

so I found the latte at Venchi's to be too sweet for my taste.  I actually preferred the lattes in top sail.  

We tried to get some soft serve on Divina, and we were told that we'd be charged, so we passed as it was an overindulgence to begin with. We spoke with the YC director about the misunderstanding with the soft serve and how the literature out there made no sense. He essentially said there was an oversight and was working with Shoreside to get it clarified because there's no reason that soft serve should be free for those with a lower non-alcoholic package, but not included for someone with the YC premium package. Good to know we can go to the concierge if it were to happen again.