Flights By Celebrity

Sascol

I am sure this is referenced somewhere on this board.  I did do a quick search but could not come up with a match so if the info is out there and it is easier to just point me to that no worries...

We have final payment due on our cruise next week.  We booked a flight to Barcelona from the US.  Approximately when will Celebrity actually issue those airline tix so I can then work with Lufthansa to reserve specific seats?  Thank you in advance.  

44 minutes ago, Sascol said:

I am sure this is referenced somewhere on this board.  I did do a quick search but could not come up with a match so if the info is out there and it is easier to just point me to that no worries...

We have final payment due on our cruise next week.  We booked a flight to Barcelona from the US.  Approximately when will Celebrity actually issue those airline tix so I can then work with Lufthansa to reserve specific seats?  Thank you in advance.  

Sorry I don't have experience with Lufthansa specifically, hopefully others do. I just used FBC to book United flights ahead of final payment and although they didn't automatically show in my United app, I was able to add them using the airline confirmation number in my FBC e-mail. One cruise I did by phone with my PVP, one I did myself on the website. I then made a change to the first one with FBC subsequently. I was able to go in on the United site and add the flight to my profile then pick seats. FBC also offered to do it with me over the phone but I told them I preferred to do it on the site myself looking at the seating chart. 

On 7/8/2022 at 2:00 PM, Sascol said:

Did you actually try calling FBC or Lufthansa to ask them to book seats?  I was able to do this with Lufthansa many months out several years ago.

As to actual ticketing - I can tell you for my trip later this month, for some reason outbound and return were booked as 2 separate reservations (same airline).  My Aug 15th return was just ticketed today and my outbound was ticketed in about the same timeframe (just over 30 days out).  However I had seats on both these flights immediately after making the reservations which was the same day schedules were released (331 days prior).  This was American.

On 7/8/2022 at 2:00 PM, Sascol said:

Approximately when will Celebrity actually issue those airline tix so I can then work with Lufthansa to reserve specific seats? 

It should happen automatically within a day or two of final payment but may not. When my tickets still weren’t issued 5 days after final payment, I called and found the system had not requested ticketing. The agent manually requested ticketing and it was complete within an hour.

I just booked our flight  this morning with Celebrity Air for next March. . My flight is with Air Canada. When I inquired about purchasing seats, I was told that  only airlines operating in the US will allow seat selection before full payment . He said, United, American Airlines, Delta.. and also said that Air Canada does not usually allow it. But I can call them and ask. I’m not ready to be on hold for 2 hours ( Air Canada is an absolute mess right now with cancelations and delays) so I will wait. But the suggestion to call the airlines directly would be the way to go. 

We were able to get seats right after we added our flights to our trip.  It was on United and just got the confirmation number and was able to pick our seats.  This was 2 months before final payment.  This was an international flight.  Good luck.  If you have a confirmation number try or call Lufthansa.

37 minutes ago, Louhut1 said:

We were able to get seats right after we added our flights to our trip.  It was on United and just got the confirmation number and was able to pick our seats.  This was 2 months before final payment.  This was an international flight.  Good luck.  If you have a confirmation number try or call Lufthansa.

It kind of depends on the airline. Some allow picking seats before being ticketed, like United, some don’t. I had an international flight going via United, returning via American. I was able to select seats on United as soon as I had the record indicator, American wouldn’t let me until I was ticketed. 

One interesting note.  I booked a Premium Economy international ticket with FBC but  PE was not available on the domestic connection so that leg was economy.  I was able to get seats assigned on both legs when booked.    After the flight was ticketed I was able to move my Economy seat to any preferred Economy seat at no charge.   I was unable to select preferred seats before ticketing.   This was on United.    I believe AA is the same.

I have recently used FBC to book a couple of international flights using both Delta and American.  In both cases the agent was able to reserve the seats when the reservation was made and I can see them on the airline's system.  I can change my seats on the Delta system but only to another economy seat - no preferred seats or upgrades until ticketed.  For AA I can see the seats but can't make any changes until ticketed.