Platinum Dining Question

js

15 minutes ago, The Shrike said:

See post #14 above.

Thanks.  Yes, I saw that, but the letter was not dated and there was no indication of the ship on which it was distributed.  It's hard to tell from the content if it is temporary or semi-permanent, local to that one cruise or fleet wide.  It certainly would be advantageous to Latitudes members if it were widespread and permanent, although it seems to be nothing but a stopgap until NCL resumes the behind the scenes tours, wine tastings, and other Latitudes benefits which have been suspended temporarily.  I look forward to hearing further reports from other Latitudes members on the progress of this change.

Edited by The Traveling Man
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Thanks.  Yes, I saw that, but the letter was not dated and there was no indication of the ship on which it was distributed.  It's hard to tell from the content if it is temporary or semi-permanent, local to that one cruise or fleet wide.  It certainly would be advantageous to Latitudes members if it were widespread and permanent, although it seems to be nothing but a stopgap until NCL resumes the behind the scenes tours, wine tastings, and other Latitudes benefits which have been suspended temporarily.  I look forward to hearing further reports from other Latitudes members on the progress of this change.

I'll be on the Star next week and if we get one of those letters I'll try and post here.

43 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

So, I think that it a temporary thing. For a while, Cruise Next was giving an OBC in lieu of the BTS tour, wine tasting, etc. Our Encore cruise was only the second cruise where they did a Dinner with the Officers. The "platinum dinner" vouchers left in the room were still prescriptive Cagney's/Bistro w/wine; and ship-specific restaurant (Lobos or Q on the Encore). 

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So, I think that it a temporary thing. For a while, Cruise Next was giving an OBC in lieu of the BTS tour, wine tasting, etc. Our Encore cruise was only the second cruise where they did a Dinner with the Officers. The "platinum dinner" vouchers left in the room were still prescriptive Cagney's/Bistro w/wine; and ship-specific restaurant (Lobos or Q on the Encore). 

You're probably correct, but we always can hope this marks a policy change.  As for the OBC for the skipped benefits, we were told specifically on the Encore in Alaska in August as well as on the Epic in the Med in October that there would be no compensation for any of the missed benefits.  On the Getaway TA in April we did get dinner with officers, but no BTS, wine tasting, or spirits tasting.  They did offer the wine tasting experience to anyone (Latitudes or newbie) who wanted to pay $70 PP, but did not offer it as a no-cost perk for Platinum.  The Getaway did offer $50 per cabin in OBC for the skipped benefits, a far cry from the total cost of those benefits if we had purchased them ourselves.  I understand that these are trying times with COVID protocols, but I really do feel somewhat shortchanged by NCL.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

You're probably correct, but we always can hope this marks a policy change.  As for the OBC for the skipped benefits, we were told specifically on the Encore in Alaska in August as well as on the Epic in the Med in October that there would be no compensation for any of the missed benefits.  On the Getaway TA in April we did get dinner with officers, but no BTS, wine tasting, or spirits tasting.  They did offer the wine tasting experience to anyone (Latitudes or newbie) who wanted to pay $70 PP, but did not offer it as a no-cost perk for Platinum.  The Getaway did offer $50 per cabin in OBC for the skipped benefits, a far cry from the total cost of those benefits if we had purchased them ourselves.  I understand that these are trying times with COVID protocols, but I really do feel somewhat shortchanged by NCL.

So far the change is fleet wide and guests onboard multiple ships have confirmed it over on the other site 

Not 100% sure if it’ll remain or change back….A few Guests were told it’ll be permanent when they asked about it at the cruise next desk but who knows 

I know they’ve also been giving $25 OBC for Platinum and $50 OBC for higher tiers for the few things like Behind the scenes etc being canceled 

I’ll be using my $25 OBC for the lobster upgrade charge at Cagneys 😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LaCal said:

So far the change is fleet wide and guests onboard multiple ships have confirmed it over on the other site

Not 100% sure if it’ll remain or change back….A few Guests were told it’ll be permanent when they asked about it at the cruise next desk but who knows 

I know they’ve also been giving $25 OBC for Platinum and $50 OBC for higher tiers for the few things like Behind the scenes etc being canceled 

I’ll be using my $25 OBC for the lobster upgrade charge at Cagneys 😜

My wife and I are each Diamond members and we received $50 total, or $25 each, in OBC on our most recent cruise as compensation for the skipped benefits.  On two previous cruises since the resumption of cruising last year we received nothing for the missing perks.

• Like 1

Make your reservation however you wish. you don't have to specify how you are paying until you arrive. Then you have a choice of using your platinum coupons, your free at see perk, or pay for it.

7 minutes ago, Biffire said:

Make your reservation however you wish. you don't have to specify how you are paying until you arrive. Then you have a choice of using your platinum coupons, your free at see perk, or pay for it.

But remember to book the set price ones first (assuming you have the dining package).

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 6:12 PM, js said:

Hi. 

I havent cruised since 2019 and havent been on the boards. 

Today I booked the Joy for July 30, 2023

in a BF balcony cabin. I was happy I was able to use my two $500 Haven FCCs for my deposit. 

Anyway, with the booking we get the “free” two restaurant dining. However I remembered since we are Platinum we (my dh and I) also get two complimentary restaurants. 

We have received this before but I cannot remember how to book them. I usually just give a paper with dates, restaurants and times to the Haven concierge and they do it so Im not sure how to book the ones we get as Platinum. 

Do I run around to the restaurants when we board to book the Platinum two restaurants?

What do I do if I purchase more meals prior to our trip? Can I book those online?  I prefer to eat at the speciality restaurants each night. 

Thank you. 

Unless it has been changed recently, you get ONE set of coupons per cabin if two platinum or above are sailing in the cabin.

1 hour ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Unless it has been changed recently, you get ONE set of coupons per cabin if two platinum or above are sailing in the cabin.

You get one set of coupons if one or two platinum or above are in a cabin. If there are more than two platinums in a room then you get additional coupons.

3 hours ago, Biffire said:

Thank you. I was wondering how the restaurant will know. I will have the two free at sea coupoms, two platinum coupons and buying three night dinners. I am guessing I will need to make sure they do this all correctly each time at the restaurant. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

But remember to book the set price ones first (assuming you have the dining package).

Will do. Thank you. I made a note to myself in my cruise file. Thank you!

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Thank you. That is what I thought then started getting confused by what others were saying lol

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

You get one set of coupons if one or two platinum or above are in a cabin. If there are more than two platinums in a room then you get additional coupons.

Thank you again!

6 hours ago, js said:

Thank you. I was wondering how the restaurant will know. I will have the two free at sea coupoms, two platinum coupons and buying three night dinners. I am guessing I will need to make sure they do this all correctly each time at the restaurant. 

Thank you. 

When we cruise with our son it is not unusual to use different ways of paying at one meal (we also have platinum, free at sea and often a purchased upgrade). They always make sure that they have got it right and often run through what we have used and have left. We’ve never had any problem.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Hi Keith I remember you posted about which restaurants it was best to use your platinum voucher and which were best to use the free at sea dining. I know you did a whole thread about it but I can’t seem to find it.   
Thank you. 

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

When we cruise with our son it is not unusual to use different ways of paying at one meal (we also have platinum, free at sea and often a purchased upgrade). They always make sure that they have got it right and often run through what we have used and have left. We’ve never had any problem.

Thank you very much. This is great news!

3 hours ago, Fifi1910 said:

Hi Keith I remember you posted about which restaurants it was best to use your platinum voucher and which were best to use the free at sea dining. I know you did a whole thread about it but I can’t seem to find it.   
Thank you. 

Oh, I would love to know this too.

Also, back before the pandemic, I thought I remembered that Ocean Blue was not included in the restaurants where we can use our coupons. Has this changed? That would be a new place for my dh and me to try.

Thank you all!

9 hours ago, Fifi1910 said:

Thank you. 

Updated Speciality Restaurant Booking Guide - Norwegian Cruise Line - Cruise Critic Community

It's in @KeithJenner's signature.

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

I really need to update that again. There is quite a lot of out of date info there.

Ohhh, I would LOVE if you updated! I went to the thread but saw it was old and figured many things had probably changed.