Platinum Dining Question

js

Hi. 

I havent cruised since 2019 and havent been on the boards. 

Today I booked the Joy for July 30, 2023

in a BF balcony cabin. I was happy I was able to use my two $500 Haven FCCs for my deposit. 

Anyway, with the booking we get the “free” two restaurant dining. However I remembered since we are Platinum we (my dh and I) also get two complimentary restaurants. 

We have received this before but I cannot remember how to book them. I usually just give a paper with dates, restaurants and times to the Haven concierge and they do it so Im not sure how to book the ones we get as Platinum. 

Do I run around to the restaurants when we board to book the Platinum two restaurants?

What do I do if I purchase more meals prior to our trip? Can I book those online?  I prefer to eat at the speciality restaurants each night. 

Thank you. 

5 minutes ago, shof515 said:

you can book it online, about 125 days prior to sail date 

Thank you. 

So I can book the dining that came with my booking and the Platinum dining online? That is great news. I will also purchase theee extra days before my booking opens up so I can do all together. 

Thank you so much!

If you plan to book both a-la-carte AND cover-charge venues, book the cover-charge venues FIRST.  This way the system will assume you're using your SDP credits for those and not try to charge you when you make the reservation.

47 minutes ago, complawyer said:

or, you can book once you get on board the ship, or if the particular restaurant isnt busy the night you choose, just go in and show the maitre'd the card

Thank you. I prefer to have it all done prior to my boarding but this is good to know. 

39 minutes ago, hallux said:

If you plan to book both a-la-carte AND cover-charge venues, book the cover-charge venues FIRST.  This way the system will assume you're using your SDP credits for those and not try to charge you when you make the reservation.

Thank you so much for this information. I did know that a long time aho but forgot lol. I am going to print this. Thank you. 

Book as many of the options you can prior to boarding (there are limits in play)

When you get on board go to the Reservations dining desk or a temporary set-up

to finalize your selections - When checking in at the restaurant you can tell the

host how the payment is to be made or has already been made - - - 

Your promo dinner may include a beverage (wine)

One of your Platinum dinners will include a bottle of wine

Advantage to Suite/Haven guests having a Concierge to assist in the reservations.

14 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Book as many of the options you can prior to boarding (there are limits in play)

When you get on board go to the Reservations dining desk or a temporary set-up

to finalize your selections - When checking in at the restaurant you can tell the

host how the payment is to be made or has already been made - - - 

Your promo dinner may include a beverage (wine)

One of your Platinum dinners will include a bottle of wine

Advantage to Suite/Haven guests having a Concierge to assist in the reservations.

Thank you. I appreciate your taking the tome to explain to me. 

5 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

At the moment it is likely that you will only be able to book each restaurant once online, so if you want to go to the same restaurant twice then you may been to either phone in or wait to book one of them.

Thank you. So if I want to do two of the same restaurants I can but just need to call,

Also, the a la carte restaurants arent included, is this also correct but I can still book but just pay for my meals line in a land based restaurant. 

1 hour ago, js said:

Also, the a la carte restaurants arent included, is this also correct but I can still book but just pay for my meals line in a land based restaurant. 

The a la carte specialty restaurants are covered by both the Platinum and Free at Sea dining credits.  As stated by others, in making your reservations be sure to book the cover charge restaurants first, then the a la carte restaurants.

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

At the moment it is likely that you will only be able to book each restaurant once online, so if you want to go to the same restaurant twice then you may been to either phone in or wait to book one of them.

I was also able to book the same restaurant twice by using the chat feature on the website.  I hate talking on the phone.

3 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you saying that I can use a platinum credit at Tepanyaki?

No, the Platinum credits are limited in use.  Depending upon which restaurants are available on a given ship, one of the credits is good only for Le Bistro or Cagneys, while the other is only good at La Cucina or Moderno.  Check the NCL website for the complete list of restaurant substitutions on ships that do not have one or more of those venues.  The Free at Sea dining credits may be used at any specialty restaurant, including Teppanyaki.

3 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

No, the Platinum credits are limited in use.  Depending upon which restaurants are available on a given ship, one of the credits is good only for Le Bistro or Cagneys, while the other is only good at La Cucina or Moderno.  Check the NCL website for the complete list of restaurant substitutions on ships that do not have one or more of those venues.  The Free at Sea dining credits may be used at any specialty restaurant, including Teppanyaki.

Okay, but you said: 

3 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

The a la carte specialty restaurants are covered by both the Platinum and Free at Sea dining credits.

Just trying to avoid spreading misinformation.

2 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Teppanyaki is not an a la carte restaurant.  It has a fixed cover charge.

Fair enough.  I chose a bad example.  The point is (as you stated) that not all a la carte restaurants are routinely covered by Platinum benefits.  We've seen that they're waiving the limitations on some recent cruises, but the written policy hasn't changed.

6 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Fair enough.  I chose a bad example.  The point is (as you stated) that not all a la carte restaurants are routinely covered by Platinum benefits.  We've seen that they're waiving the limitations on some recent cruises, but the written policy hasn't changed.

By using a combination of Platinum and Free at Sea dining benefits a passenger can dine at any of the specialty restaurants.  As previously stated, and as clearly delineated in the Platinum Latitudes schedule of benefits, one of the Platinum dining coupons may be redeemed at either of two specified specialty restaurants, the other Platinum dining coupon may only be redeemed at either of two other specialty restaurants, while the Free at Sea dining benefits may be used in any specialty restaurant.  In those specialty restaurants which have a fixed cover charge, either the FAS benefit or the Platinum benefit (if so designated for the particular restaurant) may be redeemed for the cover charge.  In a la carte specialty restaurants, some restrictions as to the total cost of the meal may apply.  All of these restrictions, limitations, and details are clearly and definitively spelled out on NCL's website.  Any persons wishing to apprise themselves of those terms and conditions may do so on the NCL site.  The original question to which I responded was from a person who seemed to have been told that their dining credits were not fully valid and that they may not be able to use them all.  I simply tried to dispel that false notion.  I did not spell out the specific terms and conditions of the use of those credits.  Rather, as they used to say in math textbooks, "the proof is left to the reader."

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

For now, NCL is allowing the Latitudes free meals to be used at any specialty restaurants on board.  A letter is provided in the cabin on the first day of the cruise explaining this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Recently, some ships have allowed platinum certificates to be used in any restaurants due to the lack of other platinum benefits. At least that was what they were doing on the Encore in April. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Recently, some ships have allowed platinum certificates to be used in any restaurants due to the lack of other platinum benefits. At least that was what they were doing on the Encore in April. 

That's good to know.  We're going to sail on the Prima in September and I'd love to try some of the new restaurants they have.

29 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

That's good to know.  We're going to sail on the Prima in September and I'd love to try some of the new restaurants they have.

We saw Palomar as the new Mediterranean/seafood restaurant. And a bunch of food hall/food truck stalls with TBD additional charges. What else did you see? We are on the Prima in October, once she gets across the pond. Other than that, we saw Onda, Le Bistro, Cagney's, Los Lobos.

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We saw Palomar as the new Mediterranean/seafood restaurant. And a bunch of food hall/food truck stalls with TBD additional charges. What else did you see? We are on the Prima in October, once she gets across the pond. Other than that, we saw Onda, Le Bistro, Cagney's, Los Lobos.

Same.  Palomar and Los Lobos are intriguing.