Live from the Eurodam - July 9 Alaska - Sail with Seth

zgscl

6 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Thank you for the thread, pictures, and commentary.  Apparently you are of the lucky few who got to sail with Seth.  I’m guessing he made no mention of his departure while you were with him.

Sorry to hear you have COVID.  I hope you are feeling well soon.

Please clarify your statement about Seth. Thanks 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zgscl said:

5 cruises since the restart it finally has caught up with me.

Regret to learning this.  I hope you will quickly recover.  

16 hours ago, zgscl said:

Overall this was a fabulous cruise

There was only one HAL cruise that I left disappointed and I posted about that on CC and let Seattle know what I thought.  Your photos and commentary prove your statement and I appreciate very much your efforts to do so.  The menus so often sound inviting.  The presentation and appearance of the food served is very good.  Thanks for your efforts.

16 hours ago, zgscl said:

Bearing Sea Crab Fisherman Tour which goes out on the Aleutian Ballad (as featured in Deadliest Catch) which has been retrofitted to take tourists out to watch crab fishing.

Your complimentary comments about this tour supports the recommendations that I have made since I experienced it.  Miss this?  One has missed something that is very important to Alaska in the 21st Century.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Thank you for the thread, pictures, and commentary.  Apparently you are of the lucky few who got to sail with Seth.  I’m guessing he made no mention of his departure while you were with him.

Sorry to hear you have COVID.  I hope you are feeling well soon.

I am totally shocked! Looking back a couple things he said make more sense (like more would be coming in the near future). He was so professional and you can really see that in how he is departing. He even took on an additional 20 folks into the group and did all of the extra work associated with having more people in the group because he did not want anyone to be left out of the experience. He worked extremely hard to make sure we all had a fabulous time and was very positive towards Holland America. A real class act! I am so glad we got to sail with him and we will hopefully be with him again on another ship of any cruise line. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

There was only one HAL cruise that I left disappointed and I posted about that on CC and let Seattle know what I thought.  Your photos and commentary prove your statement and I appreciate very much your efforts to do so.  The menus so often sound inviting.  The presentation and appearance of the food served is very good.  Thanks for your efforts.

It is kind of funny this is exactly my experience also. I have had 1 "bad" HAL cruise (to be fair it was not bad, but I did not leave happy). Otherwise we have had very positive experiences with HAL overall and I do think they are making progress in the right direction. Comparing the menus this year to last year I think they have improved and the quality has been great. While portions feel smaller I actually prefer it so that I can taste more things. Now if they would just fix their main stage entertainment and keep the BB Kings concept (or something very similar) we would be extremely happy campers. 

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Your complimentary comments about this tour supports the recommendations that I have made since I experienced it.  Miss this?  One has missed something that is very important to Alaska in the 21st Century.  

I am convinced they need to re-write the description or title or something. I never would have picked this tour. But Seth was so complimentary about it we decided to join him. It is now on our list of favorites and I would do it again next time. 

• Like 3